Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Red City Radio

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Mar 9, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Been on a huge kick lately. No thread for them bummed me out

New EP came out today!

Shrek likes this.
  2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Got into them on the record Dangers of Standing Still. Surprised they aren't jumping on the Metro show with the Lawrence Arms. I see they are opening one of the nights for the Smoking Popes, but Garret is playing the Lawrence Arms after show. Just a bit weird. Would have been rad to have Red City, Banner Pilot, and Larry on one bill.

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I was kind of nervous that no one was gonna show up in here and I was going to text you to come in here but I'm glad you found your way :heart:

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Haha I just randomly saw you created this thread and I couldn't leave you hanging. Worst case scenario we talk about this band, them playing fest, and the new ep once I get to hear it.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

EP is good!

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the last two records are recent classics for me and i love this EP. i've already spent the last year or so beating the life outta Rebels and If You Want Blood, but the title track on this is my fav. I threw it in a playlist with Be More Kind, prob gonna make a cheesy playlist of punk songs about kindness/acceptance lol. wish they would tour a little more aggressively and i hope LP 4 isn't far!

JaytotheGee likes this.
  7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The S/T is a perfect record, I don't know why I didn't think so back when I first heard it but it's so damn good

Same with Standing Still and Titles though

8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Standing Still just never really landed for me, and fuck if i know why - it’s right up my alley. i adore everything else though, i wish more punk carried this southern rock influence they’ve developed, really is a best of both worlds kinda thing.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe give it another shot, I just recently started really loving it!

Shrek likes this.
  10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm really, really looking forward to listening to that new EP tonight!

11. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

dallas is a good buddy, he even did the artwork for my album

12. New EP is really good, along with everything else of theirs.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Good group in here!

I was going to make a Dead To Me thread as well if anyone is interested

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Agreed! After listening to that new EP, though... I'm going to go on the record and say that it's among the strongest collection of songs they've released to date. Most consistent, anyway.

I'd be down! Looking forward to that tour... And hopefully a new LP sometime very soon.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Made that DTM thread: Dead To Me

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Their headliner starts tomorrow! Anyone going? Very stoked for Tuesday

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Was planning on it, but real life got in the way! Curious to hear how the shows go over, what the crowds are like, etc.

I never really know where this band stands in terms of popularity. They seem to keep it steady, despite having any buzz about them, being relatively inactive and such.

19. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

They announced this long after I had purchased tix for Lucero, but I really enjoy these dudes but agree w/ @alkalinexandy regarding their popularity. It sure SEEMS like they have a consistent fan base, but they’re always boiling below the surface of what I would consider “blowing up.”

Guess they’re betting on the new LP to see where the line is firmly set.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They had a very good crowd in Cleveland! I honestly think if they toured like a normal band they could get to a decent size in the scene. A tour with The Menzingers or one of the larger acts would help a lot

21. clucky

Trusted Supporter

New song. Jams just as hard as all their other stuff

Hopefully we see a new full length in early 2020

22. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Any idea who produced this? Really hoping for an early 2020 LP. I’ve missed these guys.

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Song rules

24. orangehorizon

Trusted

They just toured with Hot Water Music.

25. orangehorizon

Trusted

Video of the show in Cologne supporting HWM.