Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Record Store Day 2018 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by alexmacwilliam, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

My dad somehow got one of the couple of Zeppelin 7" exclusives our store has. He said he accidentally went the wrong direction in the store and grabbed one off the shelves, not realizing there was an actual line. Haha. He said he felt terrible but doesn't think anyone even noticed.

fbrrocks likes this.
  2. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Brb gotta sob to Visions of Gideon

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

Got Boxer Live. My shop also brought in a massive amount of vintage vinyl today so I copped an originals european pressing of Leonard Cohen’s I’m Your Man too.

primavera likes this.
  4. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I got Daughter and Touche Amore, I'm stoked.

5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

got the sleep record too, though it came out yesterday so not technically a RSD release

6. easy peasy again this year - got in line around 5:45 at Luna and was out of the door by 8:30 - picked up the live National Boxer album, Bleachers unplugged, and the Luna exclusive live Richard Edwards album

my dude @primavera hooked me up with the TA 12" and RSD18 was a major success

jpmalone4 and primavera like this.
  7. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Got the Springsteen greatest hits, Sufjan, Balmorhea, and Gunderson. Not bad.

There really wasn’t anything that was a trues must have for me this year.

8. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

jeff buckley live album was $70 lol fuck that

9. fbrrocks

Trusted

got bleachers lucky i got last one and sucks for the guy that was behind me cuz it was on his list

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I should've probably got moving quicker to try to get bleachers, but there's a couple places I can check

11. I went for one thing and snagged it immediately when I walked into the store.

Quicksand

:-)

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Seems like last year had a lot more buzz.

13. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Lucky enough to pick up Boxer, Bleachers, & Alternative Moondance

14. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Need Daughter lol hope the shop near my work still has it on Monday

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Strolled in at like 2:00 and got the Caitlyn Smith record, which was the only RSD exclusive that was a must-have for me. Grabbed a couple other things too. It was a lot more fun that last year, when I lined up and struck out on everything I wanted.

16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Picked up both Taylor Swift records and the Sufjan 10". Went in at like 4pm so all the really good stuff was gone

17. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Managed to get it today.

Boxer had gone