Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Record Store Day 2018

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by alexmacwilliam, Feb 20, 2018.

1. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

4/21/2018

Run the Jewels are the ambassadors.

Anyone got any guesses about releases? Hoping for more full albums and less rando 12" singles.

Anyone NOT going because the last couple years have sucked?

2. peoplearepoison

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

RSD has been very bad ever since the vinyl explosion, it's just a way for majors to make more money off things that don't cost them anything

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Gah I need the Bleachers Unplugged album and the Sufjan 10".

Fleet Foxes 7" sounds kind of cool. Might grab the alternate Tango in the Night. Linkin Park One More Night Live I assume is the Chester memorial show? Probably won't get it myself, but that's kind of cool.

Curious what the Run the Jewels collector's edition is.

5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Hoping that quantity for Sufjan is wrong, haha.

EDIT: Sorry, the list says 10, but the description says 10,000. Ignore me for being stupid

6. cherrywaves

Trusted

I want Purple Haze, the Eno/Shields single, and whatever that Quicksand release is

7. Ooooooh!

“Brand new, unreleased tracks from Quicksand, on an etched 12" vinyl single.

Side A - 7:24
    Multiverse - 3:26
    >>> - 0:50
    Spoken Through Clouds - 3:07”

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

If I can somehow managed to snag a copy of that Blue Sky Noise repress, I'd be happy. Other than that, there is nothing I can't live without.

9. peoplearepoison

???

10. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

If I don't have to line up for it, I'll snag Boxer live. Been a while since there's been a must have release for me, but to be fair I'm not sure what would even count as one for me anymore. An official pressing of Yeezus is one of the few things that would get me really excited.

Plus my receiver is broken so it's been like 7 months since I've used my turntable :(

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I always go if I nothing important comes up. Not necessarily to buy RSD stuff, but because the city I got to has several record stores and its just a great vibe on RSD.

I'm interested in:

Aaliyah
    Cam'ron
    Dr. Dre
    Biggie
    Nas
    Taylor Swift (the first album)

12. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I'm only hoping to score the Bibio and Sigur Ros 'Route One' vinyls. I live in Ontario so I doubt I will get either.

13. fbrrocks

Trusted

i only want bleachers

14. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

disagree pretty strongly that it's always been bad, but this year is pretty bad, yeah. pretty much only going for the national live and the mogwai release

15. primavera

lol mogwai is uk only. played myself.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I just go for the sales honestly

17. username

hey you lil piss baby

boxer live baby

primavera likes this.
  18. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I used to really get amped for RSD back in like 2011, 12, and 13. But have sat out the last 4 or 5 years. Its such a pain in the ass. I used to camp out and get to the store at 8pm. But its just not worth it anymore. Plus the releases arent great. Would rather sleep in and not feel like shit all weekend recovering. If I need a record so badly, Im a big boy now can pay the extra $20-$100 more online.

19. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Was able to get Sufjan and bleachers. Was all I really wanted. There were probably about 30 people in line when they opened the store.
    Some people were awesome, helping others get what they were looking for. One guy, however, grabbed the first bleachers vinyl from me. Thankful there was another!

20. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Got Sufjan, Bleachers, and Snarky Puppy

21. Snagged Sufjan and Bleachers!

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  22. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I got Sigur Ros 'Route One' and Boxer live. I'm happy.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m sick so I couldn’t go :(

24. primavera

boxer live, a sides and piper at the gates of dawn

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Ordered Albert Hammond Jr off eBay the other day for $3 more than retail price in order to not have to go and fight the lines. I know it defeats the purpose of RSD, but it wasn’t worth it this year for one 10”.