Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Record Store Day 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by scott, Mar 8, 2016.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

Just peaked at the list. First year that there is literally nothing that i absolutely need. I might snag Deftones - B-sides and Rarities, but nothing else that I really care about this year.

2. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I was there last year for RSD. I'm from Philly and it was my first time in Boston but I didn't want to miss out on RSD. It was the first record store I could find haha. Was a really sick store though.

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

literally only gonna try and get those mewithoutYou releases. maybe All American Rejects "Move Along" since i don't own that one
    probably pick up the DCFC and La Dispute releases for my friend if I see them. but damn, really not much to look forward to, now that i've listed everything

I was gonna drive into the next town and hit up a shop there, but for how few i'm planning on getting i may not do that after all, not worth the gas.

4. Kixur413

Are you me? I don't even feel like getting in line for those. Feel like I'll have luck either walking in later or online on sunday. Good luck tho!

AndrewSoup likes this.
  5. Derek

Get stung

I'll be working but girlfriend is in line at the record store we live next to. She's going for the Jason Molina record and hoping she can grab the la dispute for me. Trophy Scars is also releasing some stuff they found on their website today so i'm hoping to grab bad luck

6. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

slept past my alarms so i just went to the local shop in town. as predicted, they didn't have the biggest selection, but i got the mwy/Circa split (on blue) and All-American Rejects "Move Along"
    eh, it was okay.

7. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

Went for Across the Universe, didn't want to pay $35 bucks, bought Regina Spector and Circa Survive instead. All in all, not too bad.

8. Need to get out of work and get my butt to the record store.

9. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

i went to a store in poughkeepsie for the first time, and spent more than expected, but YOLO. the prices were better than the other stores i've gone to, which was pretty refreshing.

Tyler and AndrewSoup like this.
  10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

there were a handful of both of those at my local shop, and I went at noon. can stop back in tomorrow if you missed out.

11. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I picked up Mew since no one had Ten Stories in Reno.

12. Derek

Get stung

We were able to get both! Along with the Dylan ep. There might be a metallica pin involved in this too

13. my car ruined my meager rsd plans but I'm def gonna pick up Peregrine when it goes online tonight

14. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Picked up

Outkast "Elevators (You & Me)" 10"
    Deftones "B-sides & Rarities"
    Fugees "The Score" (Vinyl Me, Please press)
    EmmyLou Harris "Wrecking Ball"
    J. Dilla "The Diary"
    Pinback "Blue Screen Life"

Also ordered David Bazan "Blanco" on vinyl/cassette and The Appleseed Cast "Peregrine"

15. Ended up getting Brian Fallon and Frank Turner without setting foot in a record store because I have the best friends. Truly a successful year.

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Bummed that Bring Me The Horizon's 7" can't be opened without destroying the packaging, poor planning there.

17. josephcissell

Regular

^Didn’t have a chance to check that out. What’s the packaging like?

18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Ten Stories should be available widely soon since its a RSD First Release.

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

just a clear sleeve, but in order to open it, you have to tear off the label/sticker with all the info, tracks, ect.
    edit: this is all there is, and the opening on the clear sleeve is under the black sticker, which wraps around the backside. I'll probably just try to slice it open across the top.
    [​IMG]

20. josephcissell

Regular

^Ah, I see. That’s unfortunate... I’m surprised they didn’t put more thought into that.

21. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I ended up getting Peregrine from Graveface.

22. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

According to this, it should be out on this Friday.

23. satelliteskin

ok

Picked up the Nirvana Bleach tribute "Doused In Mud, Soaked In Bleach" and it's pretty tight. I'm happy with the purchase.

There wasn't really much else I was interested in this year though, which sucked but what can you do

24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

25. Didn't buy any RSD specific stuff, but I did grab both of The 1975's records, Ryan Adam's 1989, and Slingshot Dakotas new records. Solid day.