Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Record Store Day 2016

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by scott, Mar 8, 2016.

1. The only things I'm really interested in from that list are Bleachers and Regina Spektor, and neither of those are must-haves for me. Refreshing to just go for the sales instead of getting in line early for once.

2. interested in the mewithoutyou releases but not much else. hope I can get them

3. yeah this list is pretty underwhelming

4. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Definitely going to try and snag La Dispute and J Dilla. Maybe the Circa/mWY split.

5. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I'd like to have the Frank Turner, Brian Fallon, Stephan Jenkins and Andrew McMahon releases but definitely won't be heartbroken if I miss out. Maybe the Star Wars one too, because Star Wars.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Idk if I'll make it out this year, but if I do that Dr. Who narration will be mine. The Star Wars pic disc and Nosferatu soundtrack too.

InfiniteArms likes this.
  7. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Anyone picking anything up next week? Only things that I would want is the circa/wmY split and the Regina Spektor reissues.

8. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

12993622_1192562897433975_9144730549707216893_n.jpg
    The record store near me just posted this, isn't it beautiful? X-(

Tyler, ChiliTacos and Jason Tate like this.
  9. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

I'll be going out specifically to pick up the Wolf Alice 7" if I can get it. Maybe the Star Wars thing too.

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

The few things I sort of care about are more "if I was already at a record store for something I REALLY wanted, I might pick these up", but nothing that makes me want to go out of my way to get them. RSD gets worse and worse every year.

atticusfinch likes this.
  11. Expanse

I really need that Requiem for a Dream Soundtrack in my life.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

can't wait to hear that Neil Young cover by Florence and the Machine

13. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

The appleseed cast "peregrine" will be available on the graveface website at 10am tomorrow if you don't want to wait in line for it!

14. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

It really does, dude. Super disheartening to see what it's ultimately become - Record Stores have to buy a crapton of stuff they won't be able to move for months, if ever, and most of these releases this year are no where near must-owns. It's gotten out of control for the last 5 years. I went last year, spent like 30 bucks. In 2009, I went, and I spent over 200. There were things out then that I cared about, and things worth having. It's gotten to be that this happens less and less.

20 years from now, will we have a CD store day? hahaha.

15. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Definitely picking up Brian Fallon and Elvis. Might pick up Gerard Way, Regina Spektor, and The Guest soundtrack too.

16. Don't really see anything other than that Sublime EP.

17. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Jesus people are already lined up for tomorrow at my local store.

18. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

I want Appleseed Cast and Run The Jewels. May just snag Peregrine from Graveface, there is something about the novelty of standing in line at my local shop though.

19. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Oh shit, my local place only has 2 appleseeds. My conscience says wake up really early.

20. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

I'll be on a train all day tomorrow.. kinda bummed I won't be getting my hands on that La Dispute LP. Other than that there wasn't too much that stuck out to me this year.

21. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Can't say I see anything dying to get my hands on. Might head over to Repo in Philly anyways. Haven't been there in a while and it is the 30th anniversary of the store and they are gonna have some local bands playing.

22. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yeah Disturbed covering Simon and Garfunkel

23. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Going to Newbury Comics (on Newbury St. in Boston) at 4:00AM. Got there around the same time last year and was fourth in line. It's obviously not as high pressure of a situation (not going for Deja this time, obviously), but better safe than sorry.

24. devenstonow

Noobie

welp looks like I won't be getting Brian Fallon or Circa/Mewithoutyou if I go there sometime after Noon as I planned