Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. timcsheehan

Regular

second this. band is dope. cheers Tez.

2. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

3. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

4. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Could not agree more. I have watched this performance so many times. Captivating.

Sometimes I don't know what I'd do without KEXP's YouTube channel.

fenway89 likes this.
  5. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Wolves is great, I'm really interested to hear how it goes down live. In that session, it sounds awesome but in front of a crowd I can see it really going off. From that set, Animal Style shows some promise, the other new song sounds a bit more mainstream but still cool.

6. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

7. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

realized I still hadn't post my absolute favorite Meg Myers track in here yet haha.

Very synthpop/darkwave

I love her diversity.

Desire is very NIN influenced, Lemon Eyes is more grunge influenced, and Heart Heart Head and Monster sound like Fiona Apple. Her two EPs are probably stronger than her debut album though.

8. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

Been pretty obsessed with Half Waif lately. It's Nadi Plunkett who used to be(might still be?) in Pinegrove. Very different sound but just as fresh and original.

RYIL:Bjork, Half Noise, sweet atmospheric music

9. RealVile

Anyone have any recommendations for good poppy liquidy house in the vein of Disclosure? I just found Kaytranada's new album and it's the kinda thing I like

10. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

I've been listening to Hot Mulligan lately. They're an unsigned band from Lansing, Michigan and they're one of the few pop punk bands I've discovered lately that was actually able to grab my attention. Not really able to think of a good RIYL but the singer has a bit of a... whine? in his voice that i actually don't find to be grating at all. Here's a good song to show what they're about.

Also they have an EP named Fenton that was produced by Mat Kerekes of Citizen, here's a song from that.

FakeGyllenhaal and bd007h like this.
  11. stevenlalonde

12. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Summer banger has arrived:

13. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

14. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Found this band through a playlist Aaron West & The Roaring Twenties put together on Spotify. Really awesome female fronted band. And anyone who mentions laying around watching season 1 of Lost gets an added bonus in my book.

15. stevenlalonde

Tired of Tomorrow by Nothing is really great

16. RealVile

:'(

17. RealVile

Do you listen to Cheatahs?

18. stevenlalonde

Nope! But I'll check em out if you're recommending them

19. RealVile

Here ya go bro

stevenlalonde likes this.
  20. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Pretty sure I've posted their stuff in here before. Post-rock band from Ireland, their debut album just dropped yesterday and I'm just fucking flabbergasted by it. Just gave it its inaugural listen and it's already a top-3 album of all time for me.

RIYL: Tides of Man's Young and Courageous; Maybeshewill's Fair Youth with longer songs, fuller instrumentation and better melodies; sleepmakeswaves (for anyone who knows who they are).

21. stevenlalonde

22. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

New Arliss Nancy came out last Friday. RIYL: Lucero

Ben Lee likes this.
  23. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

Thanks, I have to say I really enjoyed those songs.

Anticitizen7 and Kevin like this.
  24. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

He does a ton with Watsky, my fav rapper. They were great live.

25. mybreakingpoint

The Greatest Escapegoat

I need some solid under-the-radar 90s alternative rock recommendations, stuff I may not be familiar with.

Stuff like this

and this

What do you got for me?