Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 41

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

heavymetaljim likes this.
  2. Adam Gaines

More people need to hear Dripfield by Goose. This new album is insane.

3. Orla Jul 11, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2022)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

If anyone here hasn’t given the new NoSo record a listen yet, please do yourself a favour (RIYL Hana Vu, Squirrel Flower, Shannon Lay)

4. robb

Regular

I only could find one ignored news post from a year ago on here about Cherie Amour.

Between them and nightlife, the water in Baltimore seems to have some wild stuff in it.

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

the new blowback soundtrack album is out and very cool

Importer/Exporter likes this.
  6. Pakorosen

Nunca saldré vivo de este mundo Supporter

she's on my list to run, very good

7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

8. JM95

Trusted

I think this might be my favourite song of this year. The stop/start, the progression, the feel...

9. FoS

Harder styles organization

good

10. Orla

Found out about this song on Friday when it played during a party scene in a movie I saw. Haven’t been able to get it out of my head since.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  11. Noj Strebor

misanthrope and music addict. Supporter

There are four bands that I think are of note (all of which put out their debut album this year) and the people will dig. The first of which is A Place For Owls.

[A minor disclaimer here, I have known the lead singer/song-writer of this band since high-school and I have always believed in him. He is my best friend]

I would recommend A Place For Owls to fans of American Football, Clarity era Jimmy Eat World and Pedro The Lion.

12. Noj Strebor

The second band I would like to recommend is My Kid Brother.

I don't think I can sum up the sound of MKB's debut album "Happy.Mad.Weird.Sad." any better than what I posted on my Facebook upon my first listen, so I'll just post that here:
    Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 12.19.44 PM.png

13. Noj Strebor

Third album I want to highlight is Birthday Dad's debut "The Hermit"

I love this album from back to front, and clocking in a little under 25 minutes in length it is kind of hard not to listen to it on repeat.

As for sound, I think I'll just copy/paste his own description from his Bandcamp:

"Imagine if Bright Eyes locked themselves in a room for a year and only listened to Jack's Mannequin. Birthday Dad's debut album, The Hermit, would be the result."

14. Noj Strebor

Finally (and probably least essentially) Pinkshift.

I'm sure if you pay attention to Jason or most anyone on this site you have already heard of this band. All I'll add is this listening to "Love Me Forever" reminds me of the first time I listened to "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" when MCR first blew up.

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 12.39.36 PM.png

The only thing I would say if different from my first impressions in the image above is I would probably swap Hole in for No Doubt.

15. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

My friend self writes, records and releases music I would classify as Drive-Thru Records era pop punk with somewhat of a less serious twist. It would be really cool if people could check it out and comment thoughts I could share with him:

It's on Spotify, Apple Music etc.
    Artist Name: IDGAF
    Album Name: IDGAF

The photo is of adult swim looking type original cartoon characters (so you know you are on the correct artist)

16. angrycandy

17. angrycandy

waking season likes this.
  18. angrycandy

19. angrycandy

Weird LiBrary likes this.
  20. angrycandy

AgonizingFir likes this.
  21. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

angrycandy likes this.
  22. angrycandy

23. Orla

Somehow I went 12 years without listening to “Young Blood” by The Naked and Famous. Song is a bop-and-a-half.

24. angrycandy

25. angrycandy