Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mahoney

For those who loves progressive rock I recommend Blackfield and RPWL. These are not very known, but are just amazing.

2. Dc6

Bishop Briggs just came out with a new single and I’m really into this diff sound/look of hers

3. JamesSparrow

Seeing these guys on Saturday.

4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

new Palace album is solid

BoldType likes this.
  5. Dc6

NF just dropped his fourth studio album. I love that he’s not just rapping about girls/money/luxuries. Cannot stop watching the new vid

6. Dc6

Keshi is a lofi angel. This live performance is proof

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just here to show off my new avatar. of Montreal is one of my favorite bands. I recommend their album Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?. It’s their magnum opus. Electronic and psychedelic pop.

8. Christopher Milligan

So, we're hosting a Musicians bracket #2 at my office, and I'm using a Google Form as our means of deciding who wins each round. Follow the link to go to a Google Form with round 1 posted.

https://t.co/SfopxUQd5t

Musicians

9. Let it play

10. heartmorke

11. this is exactly what I've been searching for musically speaking. thank you!

also makes me want Fall to come even faster now

12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

yesss palace is such a good fall band
    their last record is awesome too if you haven’t listened yet

BoldType likes this.
  13. heartmorke

14. thank you for showing me this band. I'm in love. Their last record is such a gem too.

mad likes this.
  15. emojedi

Trusted

idc I’ll say it. The two new waterparks songs are the best pop songs of the year.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I back this 100%, the social commentary on both of their lyrics is kinda shocking & they really nailed the whole "boy-band/alternative" sound they've been chasing for so long.

Even if you think Awsten's public persona or the band's fanbase is annoying/toxic, I'd highly reccomend checking these songs out because they're more mature & introspective than you'd probably expect.

17. Here’s a weird recommendation but one I use all the time - Lynda.com tutorials are free with your municipal library card (in most areas, I believe.) just google your public library + Lynda and you can set it up. I reference those courses all the time!
    IE - http://lynda.com/portal/sip?org=lapl.org

18. Annunaki Spawn

19. Lisa Adamson

Hi everyone!

This is my first time on the forum. Some great suggestions for songs on here guys! Here’s one that I think you might like. “High” By Feeder. 90s indie rock sound and one of my personal favourite songs from that ti,e. It was also their first big UK hit when it came out.

20. Lisa Adamson

I respect the energy that was put into the video.

21. GBlades

Trusted

I like the song he does with Machine Gun Kelly. Pretty catchy.

Lisa Adamson likes this.
  22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

It's been harder for me to keep in touch with rising bands in the scene now ever since Warped Tour ended-- anyone have reccomendations?

23. Mélange

Regular

Can’t hype this enough:

There’s a thread about them on here (two if you check out the singer’s old band Cymbals Eat Guitars — who were great).

24. blinxspot

Main band I want to recommend is Capstan. Really fun hardcore band with a great technical sound that's about to drop their full length debut on Fearless.

Pop punk:
    Eat Your Heart Out
    Grayscale
    Belmont
    Hold Close
    Hot Mulligan
    Super Whatvr
    Trash Boat
    Heart Attack Man

Heavier:
    Foxblood
    Modern Error
    Polaris
    Shrezzers
    Happy Hour
    Ocean Grove
    Mayfield
    No Home
    Ithaca
    Jesus Piece
    Imminence

Dunno if this is what you were looking for but I hope it helps!

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  25. Jelutong

Check out a young band from England called Maggie Cassidy. I've been following them for a couple of years now and would like to recommend them. Their music is a mixture of Pop/Pop Punk....Emo. Worth checking out their first 3 singles...Guide Me, Leaking Love and Runaway. They're on all the major streaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Music. Lots of videos on YouTube too! Here's the link to their latest single 'Runaway'.

Lisa Adamson likes this.