Recommendations • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SoCoWilderNeSs Feb 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2019)
    SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Holy shit I am so jealous that you get to take in so much incredible music for the first time! You really haven't ever listened to The Spill Canvas? They are one of my favorite bands of all time. Their first album, "Sunsets & Car Crashes" is probably my favorite "mostly acoustic" album of all time and their follow up stuff while not acoustic, is also incredible. If you like a band with a really cool catchy sound with deep lyrics some of those Spill Canvas albums you should definitely skip to.

I can also add a ton of other bands that I didn't list that you will probably like even more than some of the stuff I listed. I tried to give a wide pallet in my recommendations list there to make sure I have you some options to find something you'd like. Let me know which on the list end up being your favorites so I can narrow down my next set of suggestions for you.

Enjoy! And for the heck of it a random Spill Canvas song to introduce you:

reachingfor, Spenny and S502 like this.
  2. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Added the September Falls - "Beggars, Priests, Kings EP" to my Apple Music amd I'm digging it so far. I'm only up to track 3. Solid rec! Thanks!

EDIT: I just realized you said this was your band after leaving that comment and re-reading your original post and now I'm super impressed. I actually get some TSC vibes from you guys. Are they an influence on your singer?

3. Devin Sunshine

@devinsuunshine

check out these playlists if you like mellow hip-hop and things of the like OR psychedelic rock :bang:

4. S502 Feb 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2019)
    S502

Thanks, I’ll check it out!

Yeah I haven’t heard The Spill Canvas before, looking forward to listening to everything you recommended! I’ll go through the first batch and then I’ll quote you and let you know what I liked the most.

Linton9488 and SoCoWilderNeSs like this.
  5. Spenny

Regular

The Spill Canvas is criminally underrated. One of my favourite bands ever. When I finally got to see them live for the first time in Fall 2016 I was so fucking stoked.

SoCoWilderNeSs likes this.
  6. Devin Sunshine

@devinsuunshine

yo i know i've been on here a lot with these playlists but i got one more for you...

if you're into songs about love (but not in a gushy way lol) that are mostly r&b or rap, follow this playlist! updated often and got some guuud ones on there.