Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SeeMoreGlass

Come on life I'm ready for you...

Been listening to Save Face's new album Merci all day and it is fantastic...

Also, From now until July 20th, all proceeds from 'Merci' digital downloads will benefit The Trevor Project. During this time you can name your own price and Epitaph will match your amount.

Merci, by Save Face

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  2. timcsheehan

Regular

Where should I start with Kevin Devine?

3. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

I second this soooo hard. It is incredible. I haven’t fallen for a band this hard since I heard microwave or the front bottoms for the first time.

4. isthsthngloaded

Hey guys!

One of my good friends just released the first single for his solo project, J / M E S (formerly of Royal Pirates).

It would be awesome if you guys could check it out and support him. We grew up playing music together covering the early november, thrice, tbs, etc. The music leans k-pop as he pursued a music career in Korea later, but the roots are definitely shared here with this community. Super hard-working, funny, talented dude. Recommend checking out his story if you get the chance as well. I just wanted to share and spread the love in the spirit of keeping the music alive.

https://www.jamesleeofficial.com

5. I started with Bubblegum and Bulldozer. The former showcases his heavier stuff more while the latter is more singer/songwriter. His latest, Instigator, is fantastic, though! Overall his stuff is pretty accessible no matter where you jump in. Enjoy! :)

6. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Like Pacific's new album "In Spite Of Me" is absolutely crazy. For any fan of the 2013-2015 era of pop-punk this album is an absolute must-listen. Every song is catchy as fuck and is a killer follow up to Distant Like You Asked, taking it's strengths and backing it up with massive hooks and piercing lyrics.

akkeri likes this.
  7. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Any albums you chorus people love from a mainly lyrical standpoint? I’ve been listening to a ton of Julien Baker and Manchester Orchestra’s new albums and I just want more hard hitting stuff lol

8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Svalbard: It's Hard to Have Hope (It's pretty heavy but you can't get any more blunt lyrically)

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  9. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

That’s blunt all right, planning on adopting a Pit Bull soon so “for the sake of the breed” hit home pretty hard.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. heroinman

Burnout

fluxyjoe likes this.
  11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Okay, I know I've been really pushing this album, but it finally released yesterday and I've been listening to it for the last month as a backer waiting to talk about it. It is the first Pink Spiders album in 10 years! It's got some really solid tracks. I honestly just want to talk about it with someone haha. I really hope one of you will find a song or two you like on it!

13. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Blackout Problems - KAOS

Zip It Chris likes this.
  14. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I know I'm kind of a broken record when it comes to her, but I still think she's vastly underappreciated (There only seems to be a select handful of fans on here haha), so I definitely recommend the new Meg Myers album for anyone who is a fan of indie pop, art pop, 80s synthpop, 90s alternative rock, or even modern day alternative. I think it's even better than her debut.

Windowsdown likes this.
  15. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I’ll second the recommendation. I love both of her albums. She gives me Nirvana vibes in some of her tracks but she’s unique and talented with a decent range of influences injected into her sound from track to track.

bd007h likes this.
  16. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Fiona Apple, Sinead O'Connor, PJ Harvey, Poe, Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Lorde, and LDR vibes as well depending on the song :thumbup:. And let's not forget her two EPs as well haha.

17. PorterBoyBlue

18. Windowsdown

Hightower, the band from my avatar, is a great underrated punk-rock / pop-punk band from Paris. Both records were produced by Steve Evetts and sound massive. They parted ways with their original singer after Sure. Fine. Whatever. and became softer on Club Dragon, but I like both records equally. They recently released a split tape with Daggermouth with arguably their best song on it. :tongue:

19. StarDust

Hello, Im StarDust. I want to be a composer. I would like to get your advices.
    Currently , Im using music maker jam application to compose. And sharing them at youtube.

Would you like to listen and give a feedback to me ?

20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Night_Sky and palewhiteboy88 like this.
  21. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Tunisian electronic/pop/singer who wrote some songs about the Arab Spring and specifically the revolution in her country, a couple of which became pretty popular anthems when that was all happening. My dad has been working for her on and off recently. I hadn’t really listened to her until this song/video which blew me away.

22. Thee C.E.O.

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src="
    "></iframe>

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

A friend of mine plays drums in a band called Weakened Friends and they have a new album coming out in October. I thought a few of you might really like it. It's some really good indie music with catchy and crunchy guitar hooks and an awesome female singer.

24. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Great Welsh band, I think they’re going to be big. RIYL: PVRIS, Too Close to Touch, Paramore

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  25. I really liked these guys back in the day. I'll have to check this out.