Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Hot mulligan is going to be the next big pop punk band

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

jamming to this today

4. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I saw Company of Thieves years ago and they were great. They were opening probably for one of Andrew McMahons shows but I can’t quite remember for sure.

mad likes this.
  5. Jacktheskipper

Regular

I really hope the new Spanish Love Songs record doesn't fly under the radar here:

Great songwriting and lyrics ...

Butinsmallsteps and Zac Djamoos like this.
  6. Ahren Lanfor

7. afredinthedark

This is incredible! Probably gonna order that album after another 1-2 songs.

8. Jacktheskipper

Regular

Hope you did ... this is insanely good and only gets better with repeated spins!

9. afredinthedark

I actually bought the album on bandcamp yesterday, put it on my phone to listen while going out for a beer in the city. On my way home I checked the bands twitter and found out that they were playing a show 3 hours ago in the city where I was going out (Bochum, Germany). I was shocked and a bit sad :)

10. EzeRojo

I loved "I feel like I'm drowning" and "Her life".

He sounds really similar to Glass Animals. I hope we have more material soon.

11. GBlades

Trusted

I fucking loved this album

12. GBlades

Trusted

Listented for the 1975 reference, didn't agree with the 1975, stayed because it was damn good pop-punk, also bought pizza.

SoCoWilderNeSs likes this.
  13. EzeRojo

The Other Side of Paradise - Glass Animals

AgonizingFir and Bola Larón like this.
  14. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Hey guys, check out my friend's band, i know for sure some of you guys will love it. EP comes out in 2 weeks.

FFO: Bayside, Knuckle Puck, Real Friends, Mayday Parade

baredreams

15. GBlades

Trusted

Outside of my current Arctic Monkey/The 1975 obsession, been listening to Slowly Slowly. It's pretty good punk/alt/pop rock music that's just really fun to listen to. Reminds me of Transit, Listen & Forgive and not Young New England at least.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

this just came out and can't recommend it enough, Chrome Sparks + Miniature Tigers, super cool electronic pop.

17. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

heroinman likes this.
  18. Jacktheskipper

Regular

The new The Creeps record is most likely better than most of what you already listened to this year ... trust me:

stijn_p likes this.
  19. stijn_p

Regular Supporter

so true, this is my album of the year for the moment, just don't get bored of it

20. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

Favorite indie / rock album this year so far?

21. bradsonemanband and hanrihelen like this.
  22. TheFrontBortles

Just discovered the band Bat Country and they are my new favorite thing despite not being that big. I'd recommend it for anyone that likes folk punk like Pat the bunny or Mischief Brew

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Dude. Is this the singer from Chixdiggit?

24. stijn_p

Regular Supporter

This is so good, thanks for the rec

25. heroinman

Burnout

I have a soft spot for anything with a fiddle, but I can't decide whats worse: if the name "Bat Country" is a lazy and tired Hunter S. Thompson reference or inspired by Avenged Sevenfold. Assuming it must be one of the two. Seen some cringey band names in my day but this might take the cake.
    To be fair, my all time favorite band is Smashing Pumpkins, so shitty names don't make or break a band. Thanks for sharing.