Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 22

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Damage and Peripheral Vision are the main ones for me

2. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Further Seems Forever, Dashboard, basically any Chris Carrabba project...

David Parke likes this.
  3. alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. Zip It Chris

Cloud District released an album this year that is a lot of fun. Sort of like a rookie sounding Saves the Day/Pinegrove.

5. Locals Only is a great band. They sound like a pretty typical pop-punk band but the guitars are funky, reminds me of The 1975 in a sense. If The 1975 wanted to leave their hometown and eat pizza.

David Parke likes this.
  6. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

rily: balance and composure

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  7. binjob

I recommend Versio Curs, a new rock band from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which released its debut album "How Are You" earlier this month. For fans of Cymbals Eat Guitars, Joyce Manor, Tigers Jaw, Weezer, etc.

The album is available on major streaming platforms and on bandcamp at How Are You, by Versio Curs

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  8. heroinman

Burnout

David Parke likes this.
  9. Hyp3rIns0mniac

any recommend alter bridge? they're more progressive rock/metal but great

10. Hyp3rIns0mniac

as strange as this sounds........ battle studies by john mayer.

David Parke likes this.
  11. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

This is a hell of a debut and came out of nowhere.

Some early coldplay-era/Phil Collins vibes here. Be sure to check it out if you like atmospheric synthwave stuff.

12. Jacktheskipper

Regular

Not sure if everyone has already checked out the Harker record already, but it's mad good ... if you're into The Loved Ones, Smoke Or Fire, Banquets etc. then you'll eat this up:

Jake W likes this.
  13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Harker album is so good

Jacktheskipper likes this.
  14. heroinman

Burnout

Just found them and I think I've had this song on repeat for an hour. Judging from the viewcount I am quite possibly totally alone in this.

mad likes this.
  15. SoCoWilderNeSs Mar 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 6, 2018)
    SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Not necessarily break-up albums but they have break-up songs that are good:

The Spill Canvas - Sunsets & Car Crashes (Acoustic and pretty depressing at times)

The Spill Canvas - One Fell Swoop
    The Spill Canvas - No Really, I’m Fine
    The Spill Canvas - Formalities

Basically all Sping Canvas except maybe Gestalt.

Jack’s Mannequin - Everything in Transit
    Too Close To Touch - Nerve Endings..there newer album probably has some too.

Random breakup track I like that’s more on the angry side of things:

Shinedown - For my sake

You also can’t go wrong with “Incubus - I Miss You”. That song is timeless. Not 100% a breakup song but the same impact on the feels.

Hope that helps. If you were to ask my on a different day what comes to mind might be completely different.

16. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Threads

17. ccsc918

existing

Im mainly into pop punk but everyone should give this a chance

18. Zip It Chris

Dude had a killer voice

SoCoWilderNeSs likes this.
  19. SoCoWilderNeSs Mar 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2018)
    SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Man, just listened to his 2017, 3 track EP and wow what an artist. I love his music thus far and as you said his voice is excellent. You can feel the pain in it. I especially like the track, “Avoid the Blame” and “Fear”.

Thanks for the solid suggestion.

20. Zip It Chris

I’m stuck in a loop with artists from the same record label called Dreambound...so far every band is really good and a bit refreshing

SoCoWilderNeSs likes this.
  21. SoCoWilderNeSs Mar 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2018)
    SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I’ll check out the label but when I think “Dreambound” I think of the YouTube channel which has amazing new music all the time. I find a ton of bands from Dreambound.

EDIT: I Just checked the Dreambound YouTube Channel and sure enough the Cory Wells is on their channel. The record label for Cory Wells is Pale Chord Records I believe. Dreambound isn’t a label. Just a channel that features different bands from all over the world that they think people need to hear.

22. Zip It Chris

Ahh, ok that makes sense. Could have sworn I had seen Dreambound Records, but you're right...just a youtube channel.

23. garrisbm

The Smithsonian Institution, Smithsonian Folkways Recordings’ primary goal is the preservation, publication, and education of music awareness. It seeks to accomplish this through its vast catalog of recordings, currently 3000 albums and 43,000 tracks, as well as a national educational initiative. Please help a group of MBA students assist this non-profit record label with this short survey (approx. 2 min). We need your opinion to assist in the survival of this important music collection.

Smithsonian Folkways Recordings Survey

24. heroinman

Burnout

25. Zip It Chris

Endless Heights - Vicious Pleasure...this is my AOTY right now.