Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 21

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I know this band name is offputting but this band Butthole is great, I saw them with a friend about I month ago and they did an insane cover of I'm Not Okay by My Chem, instantly fell in love

2. heroinman

Burnout

Can't get enough of their new record.

ghostxvapor likes this.
  3. La Bouquet has been on repeat since Thursday when they randomly popped up on my New Music playlist on Apple Music. I think this site would enjoy.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  4. omar2002

5. heroinman

Burnout

6. Yasemin Türk Nov 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 22, 2017)
    Yasemin Türk

I am making soundtracks. Maybe you can listen to them when your mood fits them. Here is the link;

7. ghostxvapor

Trusted

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

9. atlas

Trusted

Is there more grungy/heavy/pretty space rock stuff a la Failure or Hum but like, not Failure or Hum? Those two bands have been my shit lately and I need more

10. heroinman

Burnout

Have you ever checked out O'Brother?

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  11. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Cave in, The Life and Times, Open Hand, Swervedriver, Helms Alee, Big Spring, Infinity Girl

12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

The Talbott Brothers. ZZ Ward.

13. trip9

I'm looking for some music that's distinctly "post-youth" if that makes any sense at all. There's plenty of music about being young/college aged, what's some that's equally relateable if you're past that stage of life? Bands that I can think of off the top of my head are LCD Soundsystem, some of The Hold Steady, Jeff Rosenstock, some of the more recent The Wonder Years, and maybe Pkew Pkew Pkew.

14. Bruce Spence

I recommend dasani and hate arrowhead

15. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

Indie pop recs?

David Parke likes this.

16. This is SOTY 2017 for me

mescalineeyes likes this.
  17. Horrorca

Trusted

The Wrens (can be very sad tho)
    new Sun Kil Moon (if you enjoy an old man rambling)
    later Conor Oberst

18. Unlikely that you don't already know this record, but just in case, After The Party by The Menzingers is basically a full album about this

19. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

All of this dude's music rules and his style really varies, but i came across this album when i was just out of college and it made me into an acolyte. Kind of like if you took Carseat Head Rest but it was more similar to the Hold Steady or Mountain Goats. Some of his newer stuff is super out there, but as far as lyrics-driven rock music goes, i think he is as good as it gets and it's definitely not tied to youth or nostalgia for youth.

Also, Emperor X. Specifically the album Western Teleport. Emergency & I and Change by the Dismemberment Plan are classic albums for folks in their mid- to late twenties. Land of Talk's Life After Youth from last year also touches on this time period, as the title suggests.

20. HemisphereHybrid

One Hit Wonder

Anybody who's a music lover and can appreciate different genres needs to check out TRAM. It's like prog rock, jazz, and space noises got mixed around in a pot. They only have one album, Lingua Franca, but it's good stuff.

21. drifting

Allie X has really impressed me lately. She's got really cool lyrics and a unique synth pop musical side. I love how honest she is with the music. Definitely one to watch

22. trip9

Thanks for the recs all!

23. DroppingDemPounds89

Regular

don broco very catchy alt rock

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  24. Need your saddest/strongest/favorite/most comforting break-up albums please.

25. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

forget and not slow down, war paint, commit this to memory, no matter how narrow, i dont like shit i dont go outside (not breakup but pretty good processing album for me), no burden, a lesson for romantics and s/t if you're feeling nostalgic, stovall, alphabet alphabets. hope youre doing ok, bud

Aaron Mook likes this.