Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Sorry, I don't frequent this thread so I definitely didn't mean to single you out - just trying to help resolve the situation. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to continue the conversation in a private place.

2. Ahren Lanfor

Oh no I wasn't referring to you I meant being singled out by the other person. I am and have been completely calm throughout this whole thing which of course is hard to tell on any internet social platform. I'm already over it and this is over. moving forward. Eat pizza listen and talk about cool music. cheers

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Glacier Veins, the best Portland band, just released a new song and announced their new EP.

Preorders here: Shop

Ahren Lanfor likes this.
  4. Ahren Lanfor

So glad this band is progressing. They really are awesome and as much as I wish I could have recorded this newest release I'm happy to have been a part of their previous efforts that helped. New EP is gonna rule. everyone should def check out Glacier Veins.

tumbleweedterror likes this.
  5. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

as far as bandcamp finds go, this is the best one i've ever heard. i don't know what to compare it to -- Car Seat Headrest but more varied musically and more narrative lyrically. Maybe like the Hold Steady or Emperor X or Joanna Newsom or mewithoutYou lyrically. All of this guy's stuff is really great, though. This album is nearly two hours long, so if you're looking for an easier access point try Dogs Want Us Dead or At Least We Have Our Health. This has turned into a favorite band of mine, but I don't think they/he really goes out on tour.

6. heroinman

Burnout

ghostxvapor and NERDBIRD like this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

They're disbanded now, but for fans of As Cities Burn, The Felix Culpa, and Brand New

8. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

damn good modern take on blues/soul

mad likes this.
  9. Lastsliceofpizza

Who to start with minor threat or fugazi?

10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

RIYL: Angel Olsen

11. SizableScars

Unwell

I am yearning for something in the vein of Alkaline Trio Crimson era, you know since Skiba is too busy for Ak3 these days. Any recommendations?

12. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Not exactly in that lane, but have you listened to Creeper?

13. SizableScars

Unwell

I have not!

14. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Well hopefully you like them...they're in that darker punk rock sort of wheelhouse that I would think an Alkaline Trio fan might like :).

15. Dog with a Blog

GOAT love song

16. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Awaken I Am - Blind Love

So happy I discovered this band and album as I’d currently say it’s mt favorite of 2017 maybe?? I don’t like to give comps and say this band sounds like others but I’d recommend them for anyone who likes high energy, driving chorus, solid music that stands on its own and is great for workouts, running, jumping around and singing along. This album gets me hype when I workout or do cardio.

If you listen to the following bands you should try this band:

Pierce the Veil (except they don’t scream)
    Circa Survive (except more catchy and upbeat)
    Saosin
    Too Close To Touch
    I The Mighty

Random odd side recommendation. Thomas Rhett - Life Changes. It’s a modern pop country album so I can’t believe I’m recommending it but it’s pretty pop rocky and as a father to a 3 year old with my own personal love story I love the lyrics and happy vibes to this album. Especially the title track, “Life Changes”.

Basically the love story behind this album goes like this: Thomas Rhett and his now wife were close friends since they were like 2 years old. Both almost married other people but one of his family members intervened and told him that if he doesn’t tell his now wife how he feels he will, anyway he told her and they got together. They had trouble conceiving so they started an adoption process for a baby from Uganda and while going through that found out they were pregnant with a miracle baby. Life Changes is about that. Great happy song that makes me happy. I love when lyrics hit home and make you feel something. Great vibes musically too.

17. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I would say Minor Threat, but let's be real here for a moment. Fugazi.
    I love Minor Threat and tons of other straight edge bands, but lately it's been Fugazi. I recommend the whole label catalog too

18. ghostxvapor

Trusted

This caught my attention today:

19. I'm going on tour for a week and I need some music to listen to on Spotify while we're driving around. Hit me with full album recommendations. Albums that you can listen to all the way through without skipping a song. Albums that you feel like were "Album of the Year" when they came out. Doesn't have to be newer stuff. It doesn't even have to be any particular genres. I'll sift through some shit and load up my Spotify. HIT ME WIT IT!

20. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Caspian - Waking Season
    Caspian - Dust And Disquiet
    Comeback Kid Outsider
    Alcoa - Parlour Tricks

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. Inna Selez

Regular

It`s amazing!

22. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Foxing - Dealer
    Counterparts - You're not You Anymore
    anything by mewithoutYou
    Feist - The Reminder
    Any St. Vincent
    Architects - Lost Together, Lost Forever
    The first HAIM record

23. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

oh shit and La Dispute - Rooms of the House is my favorite driving record.

24. Deanna414

Check out the New Tokimonsta album!

25. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Gardens - "Maricopa"
    A Pregnant Light - "My Game Doesn't Have A Name"
    Angel Du$t - "Rock The Fuck On Forever"
    The Black Queen - "Fever Daydream"
    Teenage Wrist - "Dazed"
    Solange - "A Seat At The Table"