Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

with all the love 1975 get on these forums its always amazed me that little comets have never been mentioned anywhere. I would put them in the same realm of flawless british pop /indie rock (im terrible with describing genres, sorry). All 3 of their albums are consistently good, but their newest Hope is Just a State of Mind is easily their best effort.

fun fact: they helped produce 1975's "sex".

Lisa Adamson and Jusscali like this.
  2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Those songs are cool. Will check out that full-length. Good rec.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Meet Mitch Murder, a Swedish synthwave artist. What's synthwave, you ask? It is a genre of people making 80's style electronic music, think all those cheesy 80's synth driven movie themes and you got the idea. Mitch here is in my opinion one of the very best in the genre, his music just immerses you into a neon soaked world. He also happened to make a little song recently with David Hasselhoff, maybe you've heard of it.

Lisa Adamson likes this.
  4. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Sweet, can always count on kexp to have random cool stuff

5. Vincentbiz

Resident Type 1 Diabetic

people like you are why I keep coming back to the internet

You sure can! one of the best parts of living near Seattle is this radio station.

@matthaber The Struts are also one of those bands I would lump into the Flawless british pop genre

6. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Definitely, they have a great identity in the pod world. Might be living in that area at some point and that'll be kind of cool.

Lisa Adamson likes this.
  7. Vincentbiz

Resident Type 1 Diabetic

As for my recommendations

DIARRHEA PLANET WILL MELT YOUR FUCKING FACE
    these guys put on one of the best live shows I've seen. I will see them for the third time in less than a year this Saturday.

Lisa Adamson likes this.
  8. stevenlalonde

I've been listening to JANK alot
    Check out their EP Awkward Pop Songs

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

This new Lucius album is very good.

10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

seconded. just a fun album to listen to.

11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

CERES - I Don't Want To Be Anywhere But Here

RIYL: You Blew It!, sing alongs, indie emo rock whatever

12. Horrorca Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    Horrorca

Trusted

This album is immense. Has great depth, pulls from a lot of different influences, genres and styles (in that way it reminds me of sprawling masterpieces like Wowee Zowee), all while maintaining a cohesive and unique voice. This is probably Sam's masterpiece.

We know how you feel about the band name. I think that if you listen to the music/lyrics, you'll realize this album is quite the life-affirming affair.

13. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Been hooked on Meg Myers since I heard this song on the radio in September of 2014. Just released her debut album in September after releasing EPs in 2012 and 2014. Personally the best new artist I've discovered in several years imo.

Lisa Adamson likes this.
  14. mikalcheuk

Check out this shoegaze-y, brit-popish band from Hong Kong

15. Toner Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I've been head over heels with the new yndi halda album - Under Summer. It's their sophomore album that was 8 years in the making (which equates to 2 years per song!).

You can see where the time was spent though. These songs have been lived with and loved for a long time by the band and have a natural beauty to them that I haven't heard since Anathallo's Floating World.

The introduction of vocals adds another dimension to a band that had seemingly mastered the post-rock playbook on their incredible debut. Although this is not as dark as their previous offering, the crescendos still hit like tidal waves when they eventually swell up to their full force.

This is very much a love record. Though the love seems to be mostly directed at the beauty of the world that we live in, rather than a specific person. The lyrics are filled with odes to the wax sticking to the back of bees, the coiled veins of leaves, the guiding lights of campfires and various other wild and wonderful little miracles of the world.

RIYL: MONO, Caspian, Anathallo, ef and Sigur Rós.

A-Punk likes this.
  16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Some really good hip-hop. Been listening to this along with Beau Young Prince's new album Until Then and that new dvsn album SEPT 5TH is out now.

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I've been loving the new Radical Face album.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  18. ImTheOwens

Recently got into this band Wild Sweet Orange, who I'd never heard anyone talk about before my girlfriend showed me them. They've only got one album but it's great. Worth a listen.

19. ImTheOwens

Heat Wave is such a fucking bad ass song.

Vincentbiz likes this.
  20. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Valley Maker put out an excellent album last year. It feels like something that this forum would really be into. Sad no one really knows them.

Night Channels likes this.
  21. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I'm in the mood for more "sad bastard" music, but need something other than The National's catalog to keep myself from burning out on it. Any RIYL for Cherry Tree, High Violet, Trouble Will Find Me?

22. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

Indian School. This song is infectious:

DejaMoi likes this.
  23. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Really digging Wolf Alice's debut album.

ChaseTx, Chinesefood and Toner like this.
  24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

My fave song from that EP is High Low but the whole release is excellent.

25. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

That album is great, "Paraguay" is one of my favorite songs of the year.

phaynes1 likes this.