Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Ahren Lanfor

Tacoma, Washington rock band "Lo There" (formerly "Lo There Do I See My Brother") are to release new EP titled "Eden" online followed by a music video end of July 2017 and tour announcement. Watch their EP preview video here.

[​IMG]

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  2. Grass

Check out new Little Hurricane!!

3. Rob Lanterman

Not to be too self promotional, but I just put out a record by a band called Casual Friday and honestly I'm super proud of it. In my words, it's like a punk band only listened to Weezer's Blue album for a year straight then wrote 10 songs.

As for 2017, finding records I like a lot has been hard but I've instead found two that came out last year I missed: Renovations by Pseudo (FFO the Flatliners) and I've been revisiting Prince Daddy's I Thought You Didn't Even Like Leaving, which is more great weezer-punk that fills the void the Impossibles left for me when they broke up.

Ahren Lanfor likes this.
  4. popo

Recommend me bands/songs that have 2 or more vocalists in the band, and isn't dominated by any particular one. I remember I like stuff like Mayday Parade, Receiving End of Sirens, Timeshares, etc, so I think I'm in the mood for a pop-punk or post-hardcore style.

5. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Everyone Leaves!

6. heroinman

Burnout

This album has so much range.

7. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

The Milk Teeth EPA is really fucking good, Dirty Nil grungy stuff with a hell of a female vocal...wish it were a full length!

8. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Love that they call their first full length Greatest Hits :crylaugh:

9. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Hi all, this is a thread to give recs but I hope you can direct specific ones at me.

I've been looking for recommendations of bands in the hardcore/grunge genre and usually get answers like "Pearl Jam" and "nirvana" but I trust y'all to have good recs of more modern bands.

I used to love stuff like As Cities Burn, A Perfect Circle, and Rival Schools...Deftones...yanno. I've been looking for more recent stuff to get into, for example I've been loving Wolf Alice and Drenge.

Thanks!

10. heroinman

Burnout

Lets get a little more specific here. Hardcore as in Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Jerry's Kids, etc? Current hardcore bands? Crossover? Beatdown? That genre's genres have genres. Grunge is largely dead except for the emo/post-hardcore revival bands jockin the 90s grunge thing the last few years but most of that is aesthetic.

Would love to help but need some clarification.

11. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I'm not good with genres names, everything keeps changing and I don't read music articles often. I gave a few band examples above, also recent stuff like Single Mothers? Emo to me is more like Everyone Everywhere and empire! empire! But yeah I guess stuff like, post-hardcore revival bands. I was tipsy when I posted this but I still stand by it

12. JxP

Poster Boys for Bad Luck

Only band i listen to that has two vocalists is Abandoned by Bears. Pretty good dynamic between the vocalists, but its most along the lines of easycore/hard pop punk so it might not be what youre looking for. Even if thats the case i highly recommend giving them a shot.

13. popo

No, honestly that sounds fine. Even if it's like ADTR or something, I can appreciate it.

Anyway, thanks guys. I'll check out both bands.
    If you think of more, let me know...

JxP likes this.
  14. heroinman Aug 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2017)
    heroinman

Burnout

Okay. I think we're using different vocabulary but lets not get hung up on that. Post-hardcore especially is a phrase that has been bastardized to mean a wide variety of things. Here are some very popular albums spanning the spectrum of commercially successful "hardcore/grunge/emo" in the last decade or so. Check out a few tracks on each and tell me which bands resonate with you and I'll give you some suggestions based on that.

Code Orange - I Am King
    Metz - Metz
    Creepoid - Cemetery Highrise Slum
    Title Fight - Floral Green
    Converge - Jane Doe
    Microwave - Much Love
    Pissed Jeans - King of Jeans
    Underoath - Disambiguation
    Ceremony - Rohnert Park
    Free Throw - Those Days Are Gone
    Loma Prieta - Last City
    Superheaven - Jar

Disclaimer: I do not "recommend" all of these albums. It's just a practical way to move forward.

15. Ahren Lanfor

16. Ahren Lanfor

New music video "Crooked Halo" from Tacoma, Washington band "Lo There" off their upcoming EP "Eden" set to release September 10th.

link to band:

17. heroinman

Burnout

Stop spamming every thread with your band. Cringe move.

18. Ahren Lanfor

Yeahhhh... Cringe move of me to promote my friends band and recording I did. Grow up.. Like everyone is going to go to every thread and see it. I increased the chance of someone seeing it by posting in the proper threads.. eye rolls

19. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Gang of Youths
    RIYL: The National

NERDBIRD and jdr2187 like this.
  20. heroinman

Burnout

Every single one of your posts is self-promotion or your "friend's" band. You're not here for conversation. Fuck off somewhere else.

21. Ahren Lanfor

Really love how you initiate conversation by being negative off the bat. You act like I'm the only one promoting on a promotion thread and as if it is a bad thing. What are you here for anyway besides to be negative? Anyway I'm done talking to you because it's obvious you don't care to have a meaningful intelligent constructive conversation with me or anyone who cares to promote their music.

22. Ahren Lanfor

Love your work Rob. You gotta come back to Tacoma sometime and play again.

23. heroinman

Burnout

gonna go find all the other boards you spam and fuck with you there too

• Mod Warning: Don't harass other users.
  24. @Ahren Lanfor Do you post in the Self-Promotion thread? You might find a more appropriate reaction there. @heroinman Let's refrain from telling other users to "fuck off" and simply block anyone that might be irritating you.

Let's all take a breath, relax and get back to the music.

25. Ahren Lanfor

For sure no problem. I didn't warrant any harassment for simply posting literally the same thing everyone else does around here yet I'm singled out for it. Blocked @heroinman now so I don't have to see their crap anymore thanks.

Aaron Mook likes this.