Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommendations • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. RonandTammy

Regular

Do you remember the live performance of Yesterday's Rising featuring Cove Reber from Saosin? People always shit on Cove but he completely blew that shit out of the water. He actually sounds like Green when he screams here, like one of the only times I've heard him do it.

Here it is:

EDIT: I remember this better better than it actually is. But still good.

2. Chinesefood

Regular

Dude that was awesome! I've never seen that, holy crap. Man, I wish Brandon didn't leave the scene after Chiodos.

3. RonandTammy

Regular

I looked up his project Maskarade, which isn't bad, just different. For some reason I always thought Brandon Bolmer was Kurt Travis. To be fair, there is a similarity in both their music and how they even look.

4. ScottIndieFan

I have been listening to Indie artists & small label music lately. Now I cam across a singer by the name of Natasha Zimbaro. Now from what I read she was in a pop band called "PRTY H3RO" & there song was called "The Life Of The Party" here is that song >>>
    , however she since went solo & has come out with a new EP called "Natasha Zimbaro" An article I read says she "went back to her country music roots". I personally like this new sounding country style music as it has some country flavour with a dash of pop in her songs

Here is her latest release >>>

5. ScottIndieFan

Another young Indie artist ( Claudia Tripp) is out of Australia & she just released an EP called "Fugitive" Her music seems to be country, but yet has a flair of pop in it too. I read that she is a YouTube star with nearly 10,000 followers. I read that if you buy her CD directly from her she will sign it. Anyhow she has a video to her song "Fugitive" . I like it but that is me, please have a listen & see what you think.

6. ScottIndieFan

I would like to add one more to this list of Country music with a flair of Pop in the music. This lady singer is Parker McKay. I believe she lived in NYC but in 2014 she moved to Nashville. "Parker McKay like Natasha Zimbaro & Claudia Tripp is country pop/rock singer-songwriter. I also read that she wrote something like 150 songs. While she lived in NYC she opened for such artists as Rascal Flatts, Sheryl Crow and the Band Perry. After she moved to Nashville & settled in she even got to be on stage with Maren Morris. She released an EP called "Parker McKay" in Aug.,2016 Anyhow please have a listen to her sing "Rolling Stone"

7. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

been on a search for some synthpop bands but i can do with any genre as long as it's catchy but also meaningful and actually good

so yeah

8. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

RIYL: Scottish accents

9. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I listened to that one about a month ago and I liked it, but I haven't gone back to it. Thanks for the reminder!

11. Alan Gringo

You guys heard of Aesop Rock? I only discovered him a few years back, I have no real idea how popular he is. . .

12. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Just found a band called The Regrettes and I'm obsessed:

13. The Gospel Youth is absolutely incredible. Their first full length isn't out but they did a ton of singles last year - enough for a playlist that equals a full album. So good. The outro on this song is killer.

14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

for fans of Glass Animals and Chet Faker

15. Docyx

I recently saw "Smash Into Pieces" again in the middle of may, it was their third concert I attended since 2014. It was also quite intimate I'd say - about 50 to 100 people were there.

I'd recommend them for fans of Nickelback and in general rock music listeners

16. anajames

Till it's gone...

17. REDSCROLL

DeRRek likes this.
  18. ScottIndieFan

I have been listening to a few unsigned singers. One of the unsigned singer I came across on YouTube is Candice Sand. A Pop singer

The other unsigned singer is Nicole Nelson. Seems to be pop & yet has hint of country

19. bradsonemanband Jun 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 14, 2017)
    I'm going to be on a plane for like 12 hours tomorrow morning (Utah to Italy) and so I'd love to hear some album recommendations of stuff (found on Spotify).

Bands I'm into at the moment:
    Somos
    Bon Iver
    Benjamin Francis Leftwich
    Turnover
    Gleemer
    Latterman
    Montgomery
    Carly Rae Jepsen
    American Football
    Dryjacket
    Quicksand
    Pentimento

So yeah, there's a pretty wide variety of bands there. I'd like to hear new stuff that's similar (ish) to those bands/artists, unless there's something completely different that I just NEED to hear.

Also, anything that would be sleep-inducing would be much appreciated!

PS: No metal... ha

20. jorbjorb

7 rings

Ceres, Secret Space, Zara Larsson, Daya, First Ghost,, Ben Howard, Volcano Choir, Day Wave, Dangercat,

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

@bradsonemanband souvenirs, emperor x, vagabon, adult mom, jay som, westing, born Without Bones

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. SPine Jun 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 15, 2017)
    SPine

Trusted

For fans of folk, indie. Check out a band called Caamp. Just a guitar player and a banjo player. They're starting to get some momentum. Columbus/ Athens Ohio based band. They put on a super fun live show. Their self-titled album which came out last year is incredibly catchy.

Recommended songs: So Long Honey, Iffy, I Keep Going

mad likes this.
  23. syd wolf

go listen to the dudes in Remo Drive, they're gonna blow up soon, they just put out a killer first album this year and i can't stop listenin to it. Super nice dudes too.
    if you like this song go check out their other vids for their other singles like Yer Killin' Me.

24. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Sivu

For fans of Wild Beasts, Bombay Bicycle Club, Conor Oberst - check out Sivu's new album.

He was recently diagnosed with Ménière's disease, which basically means he is slowly going deaf and relies on a hearing aid in one ear - as a musician this is understandably pretty terrifying, so he wrote an album following the diagnosis and it was released yesterday, called Sweet Sweet Silent.

It's stunning and feels like he's sonically interpreted a particular diagnosis with weird glitches, high/tense string and synth arrangements, falsettos over rolling drums contrasted by deep bass lines and low registered vocals with lowered-octave techniques throughout.