Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recommend me a laptop!

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by RyanPm40, Jul 8, 2016.

1. RyanPm40 Jul 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 8, 2016)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Hey guys,

I'm more of a Mac user, so I'm not as familiar with PCs lately. My girlfriend's brother is going to be going to college in the fall and I'm trying my best to find him something good and affordable. Some background:

- Limited budget, and the 700-800 range or lower would be ideal

- He is majoring in Marketing in hopes of advertising for European cars somewhere down the line. He's obsessed with them.

- Is a console gamer, so gaming isn't really important

- He prefers Macs, and is very into and knowledgeable about technology; especially likes sleek design. Not sure if there are trustworthy refurbs out there?

- Willing to go PC

- I have a small employer discount on some Apple products, better discounts at HP, Lenovo, Dell, and some good deals through the Microsoft store.

- he sent me this but I'm not so sure about the reviews and HDD? Ideapad 700 (17") | High-Performance Multimedia Notebook | Lenovo US

Thanks!!

2. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Awesome, thanks a lot! Yeah, my two windows PCs I did own were Dell and HP and I despised it, just wasn't sure how Lenovo was :P.

For whatever reason, he still wants the 2 star Lenovo more, citing that he worries about the build quality of the Acer... I don't get it.

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

I dig my dell