Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recently Listened To... • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Music For Listening To Music To was pretty solid indie pop, didn't really blow me away or anything.

iplaydrums likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Is that one out today? Drew recommended that to me awhile ago.

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

That's pretty much where I stand on it at the halfway point. Good, enjoyable record that I'll definitely return to.

DeviantRogue likes this.
  4. Meerkat

Last week

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Exactly my thoughts on it. It'll definitely be a nice record to play more during spring/early summer.

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Listening to the new Hands Like Houses album. Not sure what I expected, this style kinda makes my eyes roll now.

7. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I like their first one for nostalgia. But by the second album I was pretty much done with that style. Didn't even know they had a third one coming out.

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I've been hearing about them a lot recently but hadn't listened to any of their albums. I'm kinda struggling already and I'm on like track 3 or something.

9. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Actually enjoy a lot of the new Hands Like Houses record, more focused than their other releases.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It reminds me of the Palisades album I listened to last year and laughed at all the way through.

11. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Ahh, yeah, might not be worth visiting old stuff of theirs then. The first one has some highlight tracks, but it's probably mostly the same as the 3rd. They're not a band that progressed much.

FTank likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This year has not treated me well so far musically. I've listened to something like 30 albums and only have a + or ++ on maybe ten of them... really hoping it picks up.

13. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

The 1975
    Kendrick

14. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

yeah Hands Like Houses' first album was kind of like a slightly less interesting Equal Vision band. but their second album didnt grab me and i'm not really bothering to check out their third, i'm just not expecting anything to stand out knowing they're on Rise

15. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

New Killswitch Engage is nothing new at all, but quality. Been on that and The 1975.

16. Deathco_019

Drummer

Into It. Over It. - Standards

I like it so far, but it isn't anything I wasn't expecting. Idk, I'm always trying to see the appeal to this band, but I don't get it. I like Proper and this new one so far, but Intersections is one big meh. They haven't done anything that really grabbed my attention like other bands in their scene.

But different strokes for different folks I guess. I certainly do admire Evan's work ethic.

17. What are everyone's favorite spring albums? Mine are Modest Mouse's Good News For People Who Love Bad News and The Sidekicks' Runners in the Nerved World

18. my avatar is the best spring album

19. Meerkat

Mentioning the new Thao & The Get Down Stay Down album again because it's not getting any love and it deserves a nice bottle of wine, some flowers, and an expensive cande lit dinner

20. Meerkat

Listening to Good Old War's debut Only Way To Be Alone for the first time in too long. What a great fucking album.

St. Nate, duritzfan13 and Jason Tate like this.
  21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

The new Tonight Alive album, Limitless, is growing on me. It's not as good as The Other Side, which I also listened to today and is a fantastic album, but the new one isn't such a bad attempt at doing something different.

22. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

listened to Imaginary #2 twenty times today, then the rest of the album a couple times, then There's Nothing Wrong with Love

23. thenewchaseland

I keep getting stuck in a never ending loop of Jeff Rosenstock's We Cool and Julien Baker's Sprained Ankle. I try to put the albums away for a while, but can't get enough.

24. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I'm not expert on their career or anything, but the new Bloc Party album is very good.

ChaseTx likes this.
  25. Jeff Rosenstock just isn't for me.

Today was a mix of Every Time I Die and Lana Del Rey's Honeymoon.