Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recently Listened To... • Page 40

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

2. Dog Fish

Mutt

Listened to the leaked Brand New song...but Jason seemed to lock the thread. Come on Jace! Have a heart. It’s Christmas.

3. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Have a heart? For Jesse Lacey? His complicit band mates? Or the people still chomping at the bit for new music like nothing happened? Fuck out of here.

lilcrescentmoonemoji likes this.
  4. Dog Fish

Mutt

“Have a heart” meaning simply permit discussion. The thread is locked. Easy tiger.

5. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

6. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

been thinkin about this and in general I think that there is a potential issue with the gesture of stifling discussion on (or more broadly enforcing a stigma on concern for) brand new (or any other artists accused of sexual abuse) inadvertently increasing the existing interest/investment in them. I think that ultimately it would be best to find a way to move on from and terminate our support for those artists, but I also think that often the best way to do that is to let people get their conflicted feelings on them out of their system. at the same time, praise without any concern for the issues that have come up gets us nowhere, and only helps to reproduce a toxic musical environment that actually more radically stifles creativity on the part of voices that I think would in many ways be more rewarding for us to pay attention to (women and people from other oppressed groups facing alienation from scenes with cultures of sexual violence and chauvinism, often paired with a more general inaccessibility for those kinds of artists to find effective channels to reach potential audiences).

Essie and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  7. Orla

I’m not diametrically opposed to discussion about the band, and do believe a thread about Brand New can serve a purpose, but I do take issue with the prospect of a more-or-less laissez faire space where people can congregate to openly adore them (like the BN subreddit.) I am on board with the thread being locked until a solution is implemented that works against fostering such an environment.

8. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

9. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

Essie likes this.
  10. Orla

This week has remained mostly Zola Jesus. I’ve gone back through the rest of her catalogue & am highly fond of the unique approaches she’s taken from one album to the next. I also learned she has a Patreon, so I’m subscribed to that now

Apart from that, the activity in the Taking Back Sunday thread has prompted me to spin their last few albums, plus some Straylight Run

11. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

12. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. CrumbDonuts4Me

I listened to the new album "Merrie Land" by The Good, The Bad and The Queen and enjoyed it quite a bit. I've also relistened to Justin Pierre's solo album. I like it, but I really wish he had dropped the last song. It just doesn't fit.

14. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

15. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

Essie and Jon like this.
  16. DeRRek

Trusted

Been listening to the beautiful mistake a lot lately and have only just found out that they are back together and releasing new music soon. Can’t wait for this! Absolutely loved that band growing up. Really hope they come to Scotland. I need to see them live. Light a match, for I deserve to burn is one of my all time favourite albums.

17. Orla

Tonight's tunes

18. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

19. Gabriel

https://youtu.be/19vlIIF9tIo

Often re-listen my workout playlist.
    Not sure if it's good enough for others?
    If it's not hard, check out in bio.
    Will be thankfull for opinion. :)

20. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

waking season and Essie like this.
  21. Orla

“Would?” by Alice In Chains being used in the new Punisher trailer has me spinning ‘Dirt’ this morning. My mom & stepdad used to play them, Soundgarden, and STP in the car frequently when I was small, so I grew deathly tired of those bands for a long time. It’s neat revisiting them these days & thinking how I couldn’t really appreciate that music as a child, but hearing it now, it fucking rules.

22. Gowright

I listened to better now by Post. I like how chill it is.

23. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

24. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

in luv with this beat

Essie and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  25. It's like Y2K pop with some PC Music thrown in! Thanks for the discover