Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recently Listened To... • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

decided to post another playlist for my fav songs from tonight

Petit nain des Îles and Essie like this.
  2. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

realizing I should’ve put that young galaxy album on my best of 2018 list, both that and the simian mobile disco album have been growing on me a ton this month

3. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

that 9 minute long album version of “frontier” is especially insane though, that moment when the extended drone transitions into a bangin pop song is so perf for me lol

4. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

in other news the new alice glass video for “I trusted you” debuts tonight and I could not be more excited because she is my qween and the song is great and not having to go to adult swim dot com to stream it will def help better integrate it into my usual listening habits lol

5. You're a fan of darkwave, synthpop and post-punk in general? Might have some recommendations for you as I've been getting into these genres and specifically the artists in your playlists recently.

lilcrescentmoonemoji and Essie like this.
  6. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

ya totally! would love to hear your recs

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  7. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

guess I’m gonna make this a habit

8. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Stumbled upon Days N Daze on YouTube and really like them:

9. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

10. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I just stumbled upon the Matthew Thiessen album and had no idea it would be this great. Sneaky 2018 release... definitely in my top 10 .

11. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

12. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

13. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

14. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Currently listening to a George Michael album all the way through for the first time (Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1). I've only ever heard his singles. Damn this is a gorgeous record.

16. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

17. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Been caught up in Zola Jesus’ Okovi & Okovi: Additions since the end of last week after “Bound” appeared on one of my Spotify playlists. Dunno how I’ve gone until this year without listening to her stuff, but I’m super glad it found me.

18. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

19. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

have you listened to the johnny jewel remixes of “ash to bone” and “wiseblood”? they really blew me away

Essie likes this.
  20. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

one of them is on “additions” but they also put out a little record with a bunch of other versions. the ash to bone one got a cool video too

Essie likes this.
  21. Orla

I’ve only heard the “Ash to Bone” remix on Additions—haven’t given the Johnny Jewel remix EP a go yet, but I shall this weekend. Thank you!

lilcrescentmoonemoji likes this.
  22. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

23. Orla

Sunken into Kyla La Grange’s Cut Your Teeth album this morning. When Lorde’s Pure Heroine dropped, I got really into minimalist synthpop, so when CYT was released barely six months later, I was primed to become obsessed.

The soundscapes are fascinating no matter how many times I put it on, especially the sonic flood effect throughout “I’ll Call For You” and icy atmosphere of “Make Me Pay”. It’s one record that at least the first time around each revisiting, I have to lie down without doing anything else and just listen.

24. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

25. Emika is the best, so haunting