Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recently Listened To... • Page 38

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

Gettin' stoked for that new Basement record...

2. Kuri44

Internationally Unknown sounds like if Weezer and Rancid had a baby.

3. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Listening to Britney Spears' "Circus" at the moment and really digging it. My sister passed away last month and would've been 27 today so I've been listening to a lot of pop music in her honor since we used to belt 90's pop together in our living room growing up.

4. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Party For One” has gotten me diving back into Emotion & Emotion Side B. They’re likely going to get heavy play over the weekend.

David Parke likes this.
  5. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Just discovered an album by Stories Untold called Can't Go Home...been listening to it a lot lately.

6. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Just discovered Margaret Glaspy and she’s all I’ve listened to for three days

7. Steven Bryson

I Want to Die in New Orleans by Suicideboys was soooo amazing. Is anyone else into dirty trap, memphis trap inspired , triple 6 mafia type of music? i thought for a debut album the Suicideboys really delivered.

Mohammad11 likes this.
  8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Listening to La Roux's self titled for the first time in forever and forgot how much I love this album.

Mohammad11 likes this.
  9. Mohammad11

I recently listened to this

10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Today has been Southeastern by Jason Isbell, Lush by Snail Mail, and some Waxahatchee

Essie likes this.
  11. Orla

Been listening to lots of Dope Lemon this week after a friend shared “Marinade” on Facebook.

Also been getting back into Warpaint since their music compliments the colder weather so well.

12. DesolateEarth

Birb

Listening to Spencer Sotello's project Endur. It is basically Periphery meets Nine Inch Nails in sound and I am all about it.

13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Master P - Ghetto D

14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

yo random....

USELESS ID. I love it! It's MxPx, Homegrown, same era....but like i never gave them a listen. good stuff

15. stevewonders

The Equalizer

Khalid!

16. Orla

Lots and lots of School of Seven Bells. Such an incredible shame there won’t be more from them, but the eight years they put out are really something special.

lilcrescentmoonemoji likes this.
  17. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

I have a thing about frustration with Anglocentrism in music consumption (it both leaves out lots of exciting music and is kind of chauvinistic), and have been spending a lot of time with international artists lately, especially those that sing in other languages. I’ve been into Japanese pop music for a while, but lately I’ve been digging into Brazilian and French pop music and finding those national scenes to be no less richly rewarding than any other

lyrics are really important to me, and this means doing a lot of clumsy translating work but it’s worth it

right now my favorite Brazilian artists are probably Jaloo and Letrux, who both are on wild tips exploring different ends of queer sexuality and write both really touching love/breakup songs and more scandalous jams

as far as France goes, I’m obsessed with Fishbach, who has this wonderful vibe of “both sophisticated and danceable” that I can’t get enough of, and very poetic and personal lyrics that also appeal to me - I have some background in studying French which helps. Christine and the Queens is also amazing though she’s more internationally recognized. Charlotte Gainsbourg as well. Vendredi sur Mer is Swiss but sings in French, and her music hits me right in that part of my gut that goes for romantic composers from the 19th century lol... except it’s dreamy electropop, so basically it’s what I live for

18. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

Agar Agar is also worth mentioning as an excellent French pop act, though they sing in English. in retrospect I’m thinking I maybe messed up not putting their album The Dog and the Future on my best of 2018 list, so consider it a retrospective honorable mention

19. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

also this video is a modern classic so ima drop it here too

20. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

also I just wanna say that School of Seven Bells were one of the most important bands in the world to me for years and I was absolutely gutted when Ben Curtis died. their last album was a masterpiece though, he would’ve been proud

Essie likes this.
  21. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

for a long time in that section on facebook for “where did you go to school” I just put School of Seven Bells lol

Essie likes this.
  22. Seeing love for French pop music gives me life, Yelle is life as well.

Essie and lilcrescentmoonemoji like this.
  23. lilcrescentmoonemoji

漂う夢のまにまに

some stuff I listened to tonight

Essie likes this.
  24. Orla

Currently revisiting Sorcha Richardson’s catalogue. Spotify tracked her as my most played artist of 2018, but much of that was in the first quarter of the year, before I got caught up in so much new music

Her lyrics have a way of making me feel so enamoured with being alive; feeling joy, sorrow, and so many emotions in between to such a pronounced degree & being able to appreciate each

Plus some of her melodies (“4AM” & “Waking Life”, especially) skew just to the edge of unconventional for pop tunes, but are earworms nonetheless

Fuck, I hope she plays a U.S. tour soon

lilcrescentmoonemoji likes this.