Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recently Listened To... • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

I am incapable of going to bed before 1am, apparently

2. Yeah. I've been a night owl my whole life and when I think I beat it I then have a week where I stay up and sleep in and am back to the same old routine.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Pretty much been rolling with the new 1975 record as I am poor and have only had it a week, so it is still very fresh for me. I will say that the second movement in the title track with that piano melody lead to go back and listen to Ludovico Einaudi's album, Una Mattina. Highly recommended if you are into classical/piano music.

4. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

I have a desk job where I'm routinely at work until about one in the morning, and it's hard to get into the swing of any semblance of a normal sleep schedule, haha. Also, I've been relistening to the Evan Weiss discography, and I'm constantly wowed at just how prolific and good all of his output is. Every album of his has a ton of heart and character.

5. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Can't stop listening to Esperanza

iplaydrums likes this.
  6. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Just finished Firewatch yesterday on PS4 and i've been jamming the OST ever since. Other than that, lots of Long Beard, Basement and new IIOI.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

really in the mood to listen to some Cartel and We Are The In Crowd this morning

8. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Firewatch is so good

That acoustic album Cartel released a few months ago would be a solid Sunday morning listen, imo.

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

in the general chat thread we were talking about AIM, which got me thinking of away messages, which got me thinking of MxPX...

currently listening to Slowly Going The Way Of The Buffalo.

10. Listened to I Love You, Honeybear and really liked it, especially the last three songs.

tacosforcharles likes this.
  11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Time for me to catch up on a lot... I've been really behind on releases this year. Only listened to like 13 or something.

12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Listening to Chase This Light right now. This album is perfection.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven't listened to Chase This Light in way too long.

14. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Getting heavily into the Twin Forks record again. Forgot how great it is and a big springtime album for me. So stoked for some new music from them this year!

And of course I'm still stuck on the 1975 haha

15. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I haven't listened to CTL in forever either. It's up there on my favorite JEW records though. I gave "Damage" a spin recently and I still think it's hugely underrated. People don't give the latter half of their discography enough credit.

tacosforcharles likes this.
  16. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

have so many albums i need to check out but i'm busy listening to Sun on repeat

17. Sophos

Regular

the krallice EP from january is what ive been jamming all day. great band.

18. Sophos

Regular

actually right now im listening to the starting line - direction. lol. quite different!

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to listen to that new Starting Line EP. Is it good?

20. Sophos

Regular

no clue, i think i listened once but dont remember what it sounded like

21. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

not really tbh

it's very generic, and sounds like a band struggling to gain their footing again after a long break. Luck is good but it's also been out for like five years

22. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I've been all about the new Thao & The Get Down Stay Down album. Definitely think a lot of people here would love it.

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeaaah, I agree with this.

24. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

oh also i've been playing the loner chic album on repeat, it's a perfect record for the place i'm at in my life

25. Sophos

Regular

on a massive birds in row kick rn