Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recently Listened To... • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. @schlotty @cshadows2887 I listened to Working Class Dog today and really enjoyed it. Quite a few songs on there that I thought were on par with "Jesse's Girl." Thanks for the rec!

cshadows2887 likes this.
  2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Hell yeah, man. Really glad you liked it

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Listening to A Great Big Pile of Leaves, and You Blew It! For the first time. Good tunes.

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Listened to The 1975 - Music for Cars EP and La Sera - Music for Listening to Music To today. Just started my first listen of Donovan Woods - Hard Settle, Ain't Troubled.

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That Woods album sounds pretty good.

Going to turn on the new Killswitch Engage. I don't believe I've heard this band before.

6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i'm wide awake, it's morning

found this album many many years ago but i don't think i ever listened to all of it. i was a lot more into fevers and read music/speak spanish (and to a lesser degree, lifted) as a teenager and kind of dismissed this album as too happy / too folk-y for me.

anyway i rediscovered it a couple days ago and it's really really great i love it. i love the lyrics and am kind of in awe at how the phrasing / meter works so well throughout. road to joy is sooooo good.

also fuck i love emmylou harris's voice. i only know her voice because she sang on wild montana skies which is a song i listened to all the time as a kid but yeah she's an incredible singer

7. I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning is really the only Conor Oberst/Bright Eyes album I return to. The first few are interesting, and Lifted has it's moments, but I don't think it holds up as well as most claim.

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I kinda never got the appeal of Bright Eyes at all

9. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Listened to Dillinger Escape Plan's discography today, going through Converge's now.

It was a good day.

10. I'm Wide Awake is so good. It's focused and consistent in a way that no other Bright Eyes record really is.

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

IMO the only good album he ever made. But it's a great one.

12. Craig Manning

I'm diving into some new releases this morning. First up, Pete Yorn. Heard it's a return to form. I hope so, because he hasn't made a good album in awhile.

13. Craig Manning

@iplaydrums: I think you should listen to this new Laney Jones album. Seems very up your alley.

14. Craig Manning

15. cshadows2887

Craig Manning likes this.
  16. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I missed the notification for this somehow! Ill check it out after I listen to the Charles Bradley album (cc: @cshadows2887 because Charles Bradley)

Craig Manning likes this.
  17. cshadows2887

Which one?

18. Meerkat

Changes, the new one. Almost finished and really loving it.

19. cshadows2887

Wait is that out?!?

20. Meerkat

21. cshadows2887

Have you heard his older stuff? I should probably already know this, so forgive me if I've asked 100x.

22. Meerkat

I think so? I'm not super familiar though. I really like Changes. Definitely gonna give everything prior another listen.

23. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Obscura record is tight, tight, tight death metal

24. cshadows2887

"Strictly Reserved for You" is revival soul done to perfection.

25. Meerkat

@Craig Manning @cshadows2887 Have either of you heard the La Sera album? Just pressing play now. Pretty sure Ryan Adams produced it