Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recently Listened To... • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

rec this to anyone who loves good indie/indie pop. riyl foals, local natives, wild nothing, strange talk, gold fields

Shakriel likes this.
  2. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Been listening to Immanu El and Gorillaz today. I go to the former a lot when I'm looking for chill music to wind down my night.

3. Regatta

Hiroshi Suzuki,
    Dorothy Ashby,
    Jiro Inagaki & Soul Media,
    Cymande,
    Yuji Ohno,
    Lonnie Liston Smith,
    Rob Ayers

4. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Debussy's Suite bergamasque is so popular, but in my opinion one of the most beautiful suites ever written. I go back to it so much.

FTank and cshadows2887 like this.
  5. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Farside - I Hope You're Unhappy

This showed up on my Discover tab on Spotify today. It sounds like the most generic 90's alternative rock song ever but it's so damn catchy that I can't stop listening to it.

6. DesolateEarth

Birb

Love Goo Goo Dolls but never really gave anything post-Dizzy Up The Girl much of a chance until like a week ago. Fell in love with Gutterflower. "Big Machine", "Think About Me", "What A Scene"....how did I allow myself to sleep on this awesome album for so long?

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Been listening to Jack Garratt today, he's a really cool uk singer songwriter/multi-instrumentalist. Worry, especially, is such a fantastic song. That second verse gets me every time.

As if I don't feel your breath in every step I take when the wind blows.

8. Shakriel

Listened to Michael FK - Complication and Richard Edwards - Lemon Cotton Candy Sunset. Both are amazing, but the former is great ambient music that helped get me through the day at work.

9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Catchy song moving up the charts, I would think - getting airplay now.

Jose likes this.
  10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Their last truly great album. Their run from Superstar Car Wash to Gutterflower is just fantastic.

11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I thought the goo goo dolls had me early, but 98 was dizzy (with iris, slide....) I guess Hold me up had 'there' (which I loved)

Not to be a downer - but Iris does me in each and every time.... I was driving to (or from) work and heard a loud explosion but I kept going. Apparently, a house exploded from a gas leak - and 2 children (young girls named Iris and Violet) didnt make it out alive, though the father tried, he couldnt reach them, IIRC.

The parents eventually had a 3rd child (a boy), and I pass the location many times. So, that song means a bit more to me, than the average listener :(

Plus - I mean.... Sesame Street... They were on sesame St, man.....

12. Kelivelli

SiR, recent signee to TDE. Dudes fire.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  13. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I'm digging this, but am having difficulty finding more of their music due to a bunch of artists having the same name. Any other albums released?

14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

15. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

So the beginning part to these 2 songs are IDENTICAL...when Matt Pryor's 'Mary' started playing, my mind was ready to sing along to 'Raise me straight and raise me true' but it didn't happen!

Through me for a loop...

16. Musiclover

Nirvana - In Utero
    It was awesome. It wasent my first time but i just felt in the mood for it.
    If you guys know any albums like it then i am open for suggestions

17. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Been listening to these two up-and-coming r&b artists a lot this past week, their respective EPs are so damn good:

18. Musiclover

There awesome

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  19. Musiclover

Just got finished listening to Mista Thug Isolation by Lil Ugly Mane for the 2nd time and it was still awesome.
    If you like Memphis Rap or atmospheric dark underground rap then i recommend that you check it out.

20. Shakriel

Started off the day listening to Hayley Kiyoko and then moved on to Gem Club, who I only just heard today for the first time.

21. Musiclover

I haven't been listening to many albums lately but ill start again tomorrow or maybe later on today

22. TMS2787

Trusted

I just give the new Wale album, Shine a spin and it was a chore to get through it, at 55 minutes I felt like I was listening to it for two days. "My Love" sounds like a song written by a 14 year old who doesn't want to follow what his Dad wants him to do in life and why does this dude think he could sing? What a terrible record.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Should there be a 2017 version of this thread?

2016 album I've been listening to a lot young and heartless - stay away

FFO brand new, jimmy eat world, and pianos become the teeth

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  24. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

For anyone into Wolfmother, Jet, classic rock inspired stuff, or just down right Rock n Roll you might want to check out Radio Free Universe. They recently released an album called Casa del Diablo.

25. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

D'Angelo- Black Messiah
    Tame Impala- Currents
    Kendrick Lamar- DAMN
    Mastodon- Emperor of Sand
    Led Zeppelin- III