Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recently Listened To... • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

Been listening to a ton of the newish Black Foxxes record, "I'm Not Well", the past few days. So good. RIYL: a more pissed off and fuzzy Manchester Orchestra or All Get Out

iamthetrav and Chris Prindle like this.
  2. ArtfulDodger

An oldie made newbie by AP-chorus crossover

Been getting nostalgic of some music released in my younger days...

Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At?

3. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Never heard of em before, but loving it so far.

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  4. ArtfulDodger

An oldie made newbie by AP-chorus crossover

Somehow stumbled upon this album through YouTube Recommendations... but it's awesome from beginning to end. Helped me finish a huge report for work without gouging my eyes out from its tediousness.

Gregory and the Hawk - Moenie and Kitchie (released 2008 yet won my heart 8 years later)

5. Spiritinthesky

Radiohead - The Bends. Just love that album.

airik625 and ArtfulDodger like this.
  6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually prefer The Bends to several of their later albums

7. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

been on a big Coheed and Cambria, Ministry, and Wipers kick lately..... (only after typing that did I see that they're all pretty different from one another) no idea how that tri force came together lmao.

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

Ceres. Sounds good man

9. everythingintransit

I've been on a nostalgic Jimmy Eat World kick. Perhaps in part due to the fact that I was able to see them live, but after checking out their latest effort (Integrity Blues is my favorite since Chase This Light or possibly even Futures) - I've been revisiting their catalog especially the Stay on my Side EP.

I've also been listening to The 1975, Weezer, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness/Jack's Mannequin/Something Corporate but all of AM's projects are always on rotation for me, Pete Yorn, St Lucia, Tom Petty, The Mary Onettes (their new single is terrific too), Catfish and the Bottlemen, Stars, The Echo-Friendly and Assuming We Survive.

10. moderndynamo

bork bork

Again For The Win - I Have To Tell You This

Ah, winter

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i really love this:

13. Slaur

The Have Nots have caught my attention this week.

14. fitzilla

Just because.

15. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

LUV - Loving Somebody
    A new band giving ridiculously strong The 1975 vibes... this single is catchy as hell.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  16. hypernights.

I am slowly but surely attempting to make my way through the Weezer discography. I was already a big fan of the Blue album and the White album. Pinkerton gets a lot of hype, so I'm trying to see what that's all about.

17. isikfa

Childish Gambino, Chance The Rapper and some electronic musicians like Jamie XX

18. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Just listened in full to When the Night Comes by The State Lottery, damn it's really good

19. RonandTammy

Regular

Are people aware Devin Shelton came out with another album? He's the second singer for Emery, in case someone didn't know.

He basically does the "post-hardcore-ish singer does R&B" better than Johnny Craig or Tyler Carter ever could.

20. RonandTammy

Regular

Are there any fans of Fossil Youth or Midnight Foolishness? They're easily two of the best bands to have come out with an album within the past year and I hear nothing about either.

21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Loved the FY release!

22. RonandTammy

Regular

Ok cool, thought I was alone in this. Check out Midnight Foolishness also.

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Haha not at all. I'm still waiting on that vinyl to get in for it.

24. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

A shit ton of Gaslight Anthem and Alkaline Trio lately. Although I'm probably going to go pretty hard once the Code Orange record drops.

25. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I've had the new Deaf Havana songs on repeat. Albums This album is shaping up very nicely.