Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Recently Listened To...

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

What did you listen to and what do you think? This is a good way to keep a running list of the albums you've checked out this year and what you think of them.

WhiteHunter and Ntdvn like this.
  2. New Brian Fallon. Big fan.

3. Man, I can't wait to hear it. I'm currently sitting down with a few beers and listening to Years of Refusal for the first time, and loving it. Feels very aggressive and rock-oriented for a Morrissey album.

WhiteHunter and Jason Tate like this.
  4. You ever heard You Are the Quarry? I think those two pair well together.

WhiteHunter likes this.
  5. I have! I was never a huge fan of that one actually, which is weird because I know it's a bit of a fan favorite. I'll have to revisit it. The others I have on vinyl are Your Arsenal, Vauxhall & I and World Peace is None of Your Business, so those are the three I usually listen to. Along with Viva Hate haha.

WhiteHunter and Mohammad11 like this.
  6. Sophos

Regular

i just had a long car ride and listened to lluvia's eternidad solemne. good ol atmospheric black metal from mexico

WhiteHunter likes this.
  7. This new Pinegrove is literally everything I needed right now. I'd been playing through their discog compilation nonstop in anticipation.

8. Sophos

Regular

absolutely loving the new records from rihanna and sia. two of the best pop records in recent memory, right up there with emotion. not much else in pop is on the level of these three records.

9. I got an advance of the new Pinegrove album and holy shit in love

10. Putting on the new St. Lucia for the first time. I'm really enjoying this. Love the vocals and production.

I've been unable to pull away from The 1975 for like a week. They've reached that level with me of bands like TGA, JEW, BN, where when they release new music I just want to obsess over it and can't turn away.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  11. Sophos

Regular

fancy seeing you here!!!!

12. Yeah, Pingrove rules. I've recently been really coming around to Late Registration and a lot of Ryan Adams, curiously enough. Gold, specifically.

13. my current rotation is the new record from 1975, my advances of the new Hotelier and Nothing records, and Father John Misty.

14. I still need to check out that Father John Misty album. I saw him live last year though, and it was quite an experience.

15. It's a really good album. Definitely do that.

16. Definitely do it! My favorite album from last year and one of my all-time favorites (I know, it's only been a year). Fear Fun is also awesome.

17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

The 1975 is extremely good. Also, jealous that you've heard the new Hotelier and Nothing albums. Can't wait to check those both out.

Mohammad11 and Jason Tate like this.
  18. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Listened to that new Charli XCX EP and it has me feeling all kind of weird. Like...I kinda think it sucks and is really annoying. And yet I kinda love it too. Brain about to implode.

Mohammad11 likes this.
  19. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

I can't listen to anything but Foxing after that Night Channels video

Mohammad11 likes this.
  20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Finally listened to something other than the 1975... the new Kendrick besides and Lil Wayne/2 Chainz projects. Surprisingly, I think I like 2 Chainz more.

Mohammad11 likes this.
  21. The new O Brother is not something I thought it's like this much.

Mohammad11 likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

you think it'll be a defining album for the scene a la Moving Mountains, Keep You, Dealer, etc? The 3 released songs have been pretty exceptional.

Mohammad11 likes this.
  23. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

I've been on Summertime 06 again for quite a while. This record is just too damn good.

Mohammad11 and Corey Putney like this.
  24. Going to give the new Nada Surf a spin.

I should probably go to bed though.

FuzzyNugget and Mohammad11 like this.
  25. Loving "Believe You're Mine."

FuzzyNugget and Mohammad11 like this.