Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 8

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

That's pretty weird haha

As far as dating vs. being in a relationship I basically use them interchangeably. But I can see how dating implies something more casual. Where does "seeing someone" fall in the spectrum?

2. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Ex is a lot easier than saying "someone I was seeing."

3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I'm guessing in order of seriousness it goes: dating -> seeing someone -> in a relationship -> facebook official.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I usually say "this one guy" ie "I knew this one guy who got a Macklemore haircut and it looked terrible"

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My hierarchy usually goes: seeing someone -> dating -> in a relationship -> I got dumped

6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

sorry I audibly laughed at this hahaha.

7. Fucking Dustin

Hahaha it's okay I welcome it

I think I'm a semi-bad to decent boyfriend but would be a great husband which kinda sucks considering you have to do one to do the other in most cases, but eh it's who I am and I'm working on figuring out how to be better for others on a dating-to-boyfriend level. Also I've probably said this before and am probably repeating myself in this thread.

Jacob likes this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I've definitely been on dates with women that I haven't "dated." It's a weird thing.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Maybe I'm old, or unaware, or drunk, or all three, but I always thought "dating" was an open arrangement where you're not committed to someone, but being in a relationship is being "exclusive" to that person. Was pretty cut and dry to me.

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

In my experience it goes: talking -> no longer talking

11. Fucking Dustin

That's my most common as well. Or "thought we were talking -> discovered we weren't talking"

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

What's the difference between boyfriend/husband in your mind, and why aren't the qualities the same in both roles?

13. Fucking Dustin

Boyfriends are more fun and husbands are more personal? If that makes sense haha. And I think the qualities can be the same but both people have to be on the same page about how things should be. I don't know really, this is probably at the bottom of my list of expertises, like past the appendix. Actually I probably ripped out my knowledge of this from another book and stuffed it into mine.

Idk I just think I'm the kind of person who would be great to spend a life with but wouldn't exactly be a blast to go on a first date with.

bigmike likes this.
  14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

That makes sense. I think I'm like 70% a great boyfriend and if I ever wanted to get married (I don't) I'd be good at that, too. My problem comes with the fact that I come across as complacent and taking my girlfriend for granted, which isn't true; I'm just not a very complimentative person. I've never been one to dote on my significant other and whatnot, and it's something I really need to learn to be better at or I'll lose this relationship.

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I feel like ppl like the idea of me but when they get to know me I'm more boring than they anticipated lol. Guys tend to think I'm ~mysterious prob cause I'm quiet and guarded, so I wonder if once that mystery fades or whatever than they'll be like oh never mind. It happened in hs lol. There was a period where ppl thought I dressed and did my makeup cool and wanted to befriend me and then they realized I'm just awkward and shy and not much fun and that ended quickly lmao. My personality always kills it oop!

ChaseTx likes this.
  16. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

The dating, seeing someone, relationship thing is sort of tricky to define, but I kind of see what people are saying. I don't really say I'm dating people. To me, dating is literally just that. That's quite an early stage thing to me, when you only see each other on dates.

I normally say I'm seeing someone if we've got to a point where we just hang out or drop round to see each other without much planning involved. That's a sort of transitional phase where we're not properly together and it can be exclusive or not.

The seeing each other part seems to lead to either realising you don't like them that much, a friends with benefits arrangement or, if you're lucky, you both actually like each other and decide that being a couple is where you want to be.

For the last few years, my situation has gone: Dates -> Seeing -> Wondering why I do this

17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I've honestly built such a wall between people, I don't know how to break it down and date again.

18. My boyfriend and I have been together for a few months now, it's long distance which is tough but he's worth it. We're just enjoying the present together and it's great. I've never been with someone who treats me this well, it's refreshing and lovely but also a bit sad haha.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  19. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

This girl lets me be a kid again and thats the best thing for me rn.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

In a relationship is when you're having sex, before that, you're just dating. Once you play the no-pants-dance, it's on.

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

That's ok.

22. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I've been having casual sex with a woman recently, we are very much not in a relationship.

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm kinda the same way. I just want to stay home and watch movies. So a boring shy awkward lady is where it's at for me.
    so evangelical relationships start on the wedding night?

24. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

The difference between dating and seeing someone is easy: in the former, due to cultural norms, you're doing the labor of maintaining a facade; in the latter, flatulence and silent understanding are dominant.

25. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Like farting? Cause that's important to me. I need someone who is comfortable with me farting.

Dominick likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.