Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

My boyfriend and I actually met through AP. We've now been together for three years and living together for nearly one.

dylan, Jacob, bigmike and 3 others like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I feel like what I want out of a relationship is kinda unreasonable. I want someone to hang out with and eat with and go to shows and scary movies with but who I don't have to talk to every day or put a label on it or have them meet my family and friends. I'd just want to tuck them away in a secret part of my life forever. And it'd be monogamous, which I feel is where it gets unreasonable lmao. So basically like a life partner to hang out with but who is in denial with me that it isn't serious?? idk.

As I'm in the general thread talking about my future wedding haha. idek what my deal is.

dylan and Jacob like this.
  3. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

So, a long distance relationship, then? Similar dynamics of seriousness with a degree of space and the time you spend together is cherished because it is fleeting. Really, it could be considered the best type of relationship. Ha.

4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Move on up here. Michigan is cool.

5. Kiana

I've pondered that before! But if they're too far away they can't eat with me and may miss some shows lol. Maybe someone who has to travel a lot out of the week for work? I'd totally do long distance tho. As long as they don't make me FaceTime with them constantly lol

Dominick likes this.
  6. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

That pretty much limits it to sales people and business executives. Or someone in a small pop punk band.

There was a relationship I had a while back, and they lived in New York which is about three hours away from Baltimore. It was pretty ideal until the "l" word got thrown around and brought a seriousness upon us for which we were not ready. Ha.

7. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Lol that's moving a little fast.

8. Kiana

Idk if I like those options! Tho I do like the idea of having my legacy cemented in a bad pop punk song.

Aw, I'm sorry that didn't work out. Ideal situations getting ruined by feeling and such. No good!

JRGComedy and Dominick like this.
  9. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I just asked my wife your question. She said "just be honest. She'll respect you for that." I agree. Any pain from the break is temporary

10. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha. It ended up working for the best. And at least you know if you get immortalized in a song, you have forum people to back you up.

Kiana likes this.
  11. farva2

Regular

Have this kind of relationship to an extent with my GF,aside from the title and meeting parents part. It's pretty great not seeing each other every single day or having to text all day/ talk on the phone for hours. It makes the time we do see each other awesome

Kiana likes this.
  12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I'm the kind of person that needs a lot of alone time to recharge. It sucks, because when I first get into a relationship we're going through the honeymoon period and I love spending tons of time with that person, but after the first month I kinda just wanna be like "hey, can we not see each other for a few days". I can't do that though since I know it'd hurt their feelings; even though I totally would understand where they're coming from, it'd hurt my feelings if someone told me that -- which makes me think maybe I'm just not mature enough for a serious relationship rn. Also, I'm an INTP and we do this stupid thing where we have absurd expectations of people in our lives and it makes dating really hard. All that being said, I love the idea of having a significant other and seeing happy couples makes me happy. Maybe some day.

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. Kiana Apr 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2016)
    Kiana

Hello fellow INTP. Well I was an INTP the first time I took it so I considered myself one for years but then when I retook it I got *INTJ so WHO KNOWS. I feel you on that honeymoon stage tho. It's hard to stress that craving for alone time while not offending the other person. It's understandable why it might put someone off but people need alone time to treat themselves and recharge! I feel like it should be an easy concept, yet...

14. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

haha ya there's a lot of overlap between those two so that's not surprising. I feel like I have a good grasp of most relationship concepts until emotions get in the way and muck everything up.

15. Met that guy my friend wanted me to meet. He seems like a cool kid, but idk if we're compatible. She says she "feels something" between me and him, like she thinks we'll be great together or we'll have this amazing connection.

16. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

I'll have been married 3 years next month. I'm not sure what I was expecting marriage to feel like. Everyone said it was really hard and difficult to adjust. I've mostly found it easy. We didn't live together before getting married so I guess getting used to having someone else around was a little strange.

Trying to be a housewife is the hardest bit haha.

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Good news everybody! Hanging out with a cool lady tomorrow, I hope it goes well.
    Last time we went out we got seated at the bar in front of the pizza dough roller guy and invented a secret language in hopes he would think we were spies.

18. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I can't decide if that's surreal, brilliant or just both.

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Reading this made me want to date again so badly

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. alert=danger

Eat The City. Eat It Whole. Prestigious

Had a girl round for dinner on Saturday night. Kind of a second date.
    Cooked a nice meal, drank a load of champagne and gin, and just had a great time hanging out watching movies. Pretty happy with the way things are going!

21. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I deleted Tinder on Sunday evening. Let's see how long I can go before I cave and download it again.

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

INFP here! I sometimes have to remind my boyfriend that I need a night alone. He usually works until 3PM and gets a few hours to himself before I get home. I have a longer day, longer commute, and actually work two jobs where I am forced to be incredibly social. I noticed I was getting resentful when I'd come home because he was always there...and I think being open and honest about it is helpful. He'll take some overtime once a week, or go see his friends so I can sort of veg out and play video games.

Kiana likes this.
  23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It was fun, haha. I wish I swung that hard for the fences on every date.

Truth tho

24. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

How did it go?!

25. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I think I have some semblance of a date on Thursday seeing that Citizen/Turnover/Sorority Noise tour. I think it's my first date since like 8th grade lmao

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.