Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Never been in a committed, long term relationship. It's kind of annoying when every time I'm involved with a girl, things just don't get to that point. I guess that's a good thing for now, with how uncertain my future is at the moment.

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Somebody please talk me out of attempting to reconnect with my ex, haha

Laura likes this.
  3. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

This is me right now, too. It's such a bad idea but so much simpler.

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Be strong! I won't do it if you don't do it.

Laura likes this.
  5. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

To be clear, if you're reconnecting with an ex because it is easier, you're the one that is being unfair to them.

6. Me.

7. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

100% single again as of last night. Hopefully I'll get a good run of just not having to worry about stuff along those lines.

8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Here's a little gem from my night. Couldn't keep it to myself. For reference, Herkimer is a shitty bar in Minneapolis

Imgur Image
    Imgur Image
    Imgur Image

9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

No offense but it seems like a kinda dickish way to just say "nah."

10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

To each their own. that's how she opened the conversation, so I immediately thought "not a real person in some way." Also a blank profile. Figured I could have some fun with it.

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Idk how it is in other areas, but Tinder is flooded with spam where I am. Every other profile is a fake.

12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, didn't realize this was the beginning of a conversation. That makes a bit more sense.

13. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

It used to be absolutely awful for that over here too, but they seem to have really cracked down on it.

My friend lives in Sheffield and it was unbelievable there. Someone had put together some sort of spammer which had tons of accounts on it, so you'd get no matches all day and then like 15 would all come through at once and send absolute nonsense. It was basically unusable.

14. Iago

forbidden chalice.

My girlfriend and I just hit the one month mark yesterday. Fortunately, it was a Saturday, so we were both free to spend the day together!

Kiana likes this.
  15. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I went on a quintessential Tinder date last night that went well. It was nice to just go out and enjoy someone's company and not have any feelings attached to it outside of enjoying myself. The only downside is I realized that I have a hickey on my neck and I have to work at a theatre today ushering a show where the clientele is old rich people (although the fact their eyesight is terrible might help).

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, and they do a pretty good job of faking it too. Usually give the bots an affiliated University and a generic bio. I've gotten pretty good at picking them out though.

17. Alison

Newbie Prestigious

Single and (not so ready to) mingle

18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Anyone else live in a relatively small town and feel like they've about exhausted all their options?

DeathOrGlory and Dean like this.
  19. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Met someone that was really cool and cute and she lives in Michigan. LOL.

20. Dean Apr 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2016)
    Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I think the problem with doing it in a small place is partly that, and partly that people and places feel much more connected so it's harder to get a clean break when you want one.

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. hook me up bruh

RJ Knorr likes this.
  22. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

I'm the same. Although, I'm trying to work past my shyness and approach a good looking girl.

23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It's awful. I feel like I can never have a clean slate with anyone. Most people my age I grew up with, which is weird and I don't like. Otherwise everyone knows everyone nearly. I can't just start fresh with someone unknown. They prob know this person who knows that person who knows me. It's so easy for people to be nosy and in your business.

JRGComedy likes this.
  24. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

It's a deal! He texts once a week like clockwork wanting to hang out, but I haven't agreed so far. Probably time to block the number.

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I've been talking to this guy since February-ish, and we recently just became a coupe. Last night we had a date and I stayed over. In the middle, we went to milkshake shop in Akron. He asked if his best friend could come just for that, and I said sure. I want to get to know his friends too. However, I feel like I made such a shitty impression. I love how I can't stop thinking about this.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.