Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Get their number sooner rather than later and plan something casual no more than a week out. Those pleasant conversations should really be happening when you meet up. After work drinks or something casual in the mid-afternoon of a weekend is "lowkey" and relaxed more so than an official "date." It makes it easier to commit to, not get too worked up over (at least for me, I have really high social anxiety), or disappointed if either party bails. If they're matching with you, you won't have any problem getting them to meet up.

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

That's a pretty great outlook! I'll give it a shot. I currently live in a pretty small town, so it's difficult and I'm always running in to ex-girlfriends on the app, haha.

3. dylan

I'm not sure who the guys are you're approaching or how you're approaching them. But at least for me, anytime a girl makes eye contact, I've already planned out our whole future in .5 seconds. I'm also lonely so maybe that's why haha.

beachdude42 and JRGComedy like this.
  4. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Boyfriend and I have been living together for about 7 months. He's the best roommate I've ever had and I like him so much that I don't even care when he leaves dishes in the sink

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. dylan

Yeah, just keep a positive attitude about it and you'll get there!

6. farva2

Regular

Met my GF on tinder and it's the best dating experience I've ever had. My advice for first date, don't do the ol coffee and chat thing. Mix something unique and fun into it.

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I took a girl to a corn maze once

8. farva2

Regular

That sounds either awesome or straight out of a B horror flick haha. How'd it go?

9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Actually went pretty well. We both brought a few friends to make it a little more comfortable. Got a second date out of it, haha

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Someone posted in General Chat a few days back about never having dated before and it made me feel a bit better about being in the same situation... I honestly just want to try it at this point, I get really lonely. There's a girl I've been talking to in my writing workshop class and I *think* she might like me but I can honestly never tell these things very well and I have a crippling fear of rejection so...

iCarly Rae Jepsen and JRGComedy like this.
  11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I have an analogy for asking someone out. It's like jumping off a diving board. Sure, you may bellyflop, but you're not gonna drown. I also like to go out with certain friends that will help push me off the diving board if I'm feeling too scared.

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I've never dated either, but to paraphrase Biz Markie it's not like there's ever been a girl that I tried to date

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

Ended a 3.5 year long relationship last April with the only guy I ever really dated. Moved to Chicago, decided to do the whole Tinder/OKC thing and it was okay for a while. In February I went on a few dates with this guy, things seemed to be going well but he texted me out of the blue telling me it was too intense too fast (though he initiated every hangout, etc). The entire situation turned me off so much I deleted all my online dating profiles and focused on myself for a little while. I recently re-downloaded Tinder just for the passive validation buuut I'm going for drinks after work with someone I've been talking to on the app tomorrow night. I'm not looking for anything from this guy but god damn, I am so exhausted from online dating.

Nick likes this.
  14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It is exhausting! I almost always find that dates I've initiated in person end up being more fulfilling.

15. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

That seems like it would be the case but I've somehow not met anyone in person yet that I would be interested in asking out? My self-confidence is also lacking so that's one of the reasons I pulled back for a while!

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Eh, no rush. 3.5 years is a long relationship, definitely good to take some time off. I dated a girl for a year and here I am 2 full years after I broke up with her, quite single.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  17. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I can never tell if a girl is interested. Even then, I don't know where to go from there without feeling creepy. I don't like creating conversation out of thin air - unnatural bullshit isn't for me.

It's all good, though. I don't go out anyways.

fenway89, JRGComedy and beachdude42 like this.
  18. beachdude

Thanks. Yeah I'll probably give it a shot sometime soon, if for no other reason than I really want to know if she actually likes me or not haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. beachdude

Agreed to all of the above.

muttley likes this.
  20. Emotherapy

Regular

Been seeing this girl I met on tinder for over a month now. On Sunday she's showing me how to play dungeons and dragons.

bigmike and Ainsley&MyWhetstone like this.
  21. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Think about how you're going to phrase what you're asking. It might be good to kind of make it obvious you're asking her on a date if you already know each other a bit. Kind of depends how well you know each other, I suppose. :)

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I had a long distance relationship that fell apart after she got impregnated by her best friend who she is now dating. I freaked out! Bridges were burned. Wooooooo. Feels good to share. I'm now trying to figure out how I can save the friendship, because it means more to me than any romantic tryst.

JRGComedy likes this.
  23. beachdude

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My dating life is nonexistent lol. Last serious relationship was 4 years ago and that was a disastuh. Last guy I saw wouldn't respect my boundaries. Last guy I gave my number to wouldn't stop texting when I clearly wasn't interested anymore. For some reason I attract really religious guys too which no thanks. Now I'm kinda meh on the whole thing. I'm a child of a messy divorce so I'm already cynical. I don't like dating around so I guess a monogamous relationship would be best but I also hate commitment so.... I just do me right now lol

muttley likes this.
  25. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

My last relationship ended about a year and a half ago. I've dated since then, but nothing serious at all. Plus I'm planning on moving soon, so I don't want to start something serious only to end it.

JRGComedy likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.