Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 1504

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

if someone texted me a month later I'd call the police

2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Hello, do I know u?

3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

It was funny, one time on tinder this girl and I were talking back and forth fairly frequently, and I suggested we just text instead. Her response is “I have bad service in my apartment so I just don’t do that much”

Like uhhh.. phones have WiFi texting now generally and do you just not text friends/family when your home? If you don’t want to give out your number that is definitely understandable, but I rather just be honest then have a questionable excuse like that. Haha

4. DavidHernandez26

5. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Lack of response does not equal “being ghosted”

SlappinCups likes this.
  6. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

Spoken like a true paranormal investigator bigmike

GrantCloud, coleslawed and bigmike like this.
  7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I was talking to that co-worker who I have a crush on and she was telling me about her boyfriend and holy shit he is terrible.

He picks and chooses who she gets to talk to because he doesn’t trust her friends. She also has to check in constantly because she is scared he will get angry at their own kid and I’m like ???? she also said they have troubles at their house and this all has me concerned.

8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Back from Florida.

It was a very intense trip. We were only there Friday morning-Monday afternoon. My gf's mom pretty much only had the strength and presence of mind to sit with us in the living room the majority of the days. She's on Oxy and can only get around with her walker, and only very very short distances at that. She is the sweetest person ever. She kept apologizing that she wasn't more active and for "inconveniencing" every one. Sunday was a big day because she managed to go to church with us, which was huge. It took pretty much all of her strength to do so.

Things took a really quick turn for the worst yesterday, mere hours before we were supposed to leave. She broke down, saying she didn't have the strength to do this anymore. That the pain was too much. That she was ready to go. She wanted to go to hospice right then and there. My gf mentioned that she had never seen her mom give up like that throughout this whole process. She'd get frustrated, try and fail, cry, etc but would always keep going. But she just seemed done. My gf made the decision to stay (alerting her full-time job back home that she was doing so). The decision to stay or go back home to work had been stressing her out all weekend, but that decision was made for her with her mom's decision.

Before I left, her dad (a Trump supporting, owner of 14 guns, hard-of-hearing bear of a man) pulled me aside and said he was happy to have met me and that my gf might be tough, but she has a gentle heart. He told me to take care of her, choking up in the process, wishing it could have been different.

Then I said goodbye to her mom. I held her hand while she cried and said she was so happy to have met me. She had been praying for years for her daughter to meet someone like me, all while my gf watched the whole thing and cried as well. It was intense. Had to leave the room after that one.

I'm back in Seattle now and the gf is still in Tampa. They moved her mom into hospice yesterday and it's looking like she might pass by the end of the week. I'm incredibly fortunate to have been able to go and meet her before the end. It was a very timely thing, and a trip I'll not soon forget.

9. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Wow @theagentcoma that sounds like a lot. Im sorry for all the rough parts but I’m also glad that you got to give that beautiful experience to both her mom and your gf

10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

me whenever I talk about my non existent crushes:

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Made a date with a girl from the Boston area going to the balance and composure show in Boston and getting drinks before and after. Things are going quite well, except we live 4 hours away from each other. Why I do this to myself?

12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

AWkward when you have to tell your gf you’re not buying any of her food for her anymore. And kinda ridiculous ?? Feel a bit taken advantage of

13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah that always is kinda awkward. When i'm dating someone I always buy their food but if you move in or see them every single day it's impossible to just start paying double for everything.

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I think you should generally reach a certain point where you will mutually agree to start taking turns on who pays for meals, or at least get your own.

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Lost about a week and a half of progress with my ghosting, but looking to negate that loss this week by bringing my “A game” on the first outing and asking about another outing after the first one.

16. Dog with a Blog

I’m reading this in the tone of a robot and it really works

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

20. Dog with a Blog

At least you have learned from this

21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t know if he has tho

22. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

jk sanch, hopefully it works for u

23. Dog with a Blog

Oh yeah. I did some snoopin and turns out that girl who ghosted me got back with her ex so, there’s that haha. She coulda told me that and it would have been fine but das life.

24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Ghosting was bad, but when I apologized she seemed extremely elated that I stopped by and we talked for 15 mins.

25. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

But I’m pretty sure she’s going on dates with another dude, so that period of ghost might have harmed me badly. Oh well, can only change the future.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.