Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 1494

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

facetime her you coward

2. iMessage games are an underrated way to flirt. Got my now-girlfriend's number by asking her to play cup pong. And she's like, mad cute, so I did something right.

Borat, Mrplum5089, coleslawed and 3 others like this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

4. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

5. Dog with a Blog

You know what I mean, Mr. Skype

GrantCloud, Mr. Serotonin and Joe4th like this.
  6. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Who the fuck still uses Skype?

7. Dog with a Blog

Dylan and Kaitie. They’re afraid of Tim Apple watching their FaceTime calls

8. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I have no idea to what you are referring

9. Signifire Mar 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2019)
    Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Tinder sucks

Borat likes this.
  10. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  11. Signifire

I was going for like, here’s some info about me without devoting any time to constructing well thought out sentences or giving it any thought

Edit: okay yeah I put myself in someone else’s shoes reading that and I just come across like a nut. Gonna delete it and just put straight facts about me that reads like a resume

Dog with a Blog and SlappinCups like this.
  12. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

are you so tall you've cut off your head in your lead pic?

Ken likes this.
  13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

need punctuation and need to be witty

except not like the office witty that is just no

SlappinCups and Ken like this.
  14. Signifire

Yes

15. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

16. Signifire

Ok here’s what I changed it to

4D4140C7-5C98-4AE0-A94D-F654641FDB69.png

17. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

I know dyl can plagiarize something again

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Not writing a run on sentence would help

Ken likes this.
  19. Signifire

I was trying to appear carefree okay I have added punctuation sir

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

so, I’m definitely still not over this breakup.

have tried to stay in contact while still giving her space, basically texting ~once a month, just trying to keep things friendly and stay in contact. she takes her time responding, but has always been super genial.
    until sunday. don’t remember if I brought it up in here or the album thread, but Copeland has always been a special band to both of us. tickets for this tour went on sale right after we parted ways, and I just instinctively bought two tickets. finally got the guts to ask her if she wanted to join me at the show next month on sunday, and also asked if she would want to catch up over coffee before then. and no response yet.

I’ve been seeing posts on IG of her and an old guy-friend of hers hanging out, they hung out before we started dating as well, but never while we were together. now he’s teaching her to drive stick, and it’s got my heart all torn up.

I’m not sure what to do at this point. I don’t want to be a creeper and straight up ask if they’re together, but also kinda feel like it’d be courteous of her to let me know? idk. when we last spoke irl, she told me if were meant to be together it could still happen someday, and my response was that I’d be willing to wait until she was ready again. and now, this.

sorry for babbling on, just had to vent a little.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Damn man, it really is a painful thing to be in that position, look really I think with break up stuff it is best to completely shut off communication, block on social media, block on anything you can see her and just let is stay that way for up to a year. That's the only thing that has ever worked for me post break up. Time will heal the wound but texting every now and then, seeing every now and then, seeing pictures of her every now and then (with or without guys) will keep that wound fresh. Just completely remove everything that can make you see or interact with her, it will be hard the first few weeks, and then you will just be used to it. If the thought comes to reach out, DONT, FUCKING DONT DO IT. If she does reach out? That's a tough one, i'd say be polite and honest and let her know you think its better you dont speak to each other right now. She will most likely undertsand.

The hardest part about this is genuinely letting go, i'm guessing she is the one that ended it, I do the same thing. I've gotten dumped and then I hang on to the idea of us getting back together when I really need to just fully let it go. There's no formula for doing that but doing what I'm suggesting is your best bet dude.

Borat, bigmike, dadbolt and 6 others like this.
  22. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

relationships are cool cuz I can have ppl bring me food free of charge. not sure of other perks.

Borat, DickyCullz, Mrplum5089 and 2 others like this.
  23. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Yeah, I'm just gonna second all of that. I'm still dealing with a somewhat similar situation from October and everything got so much easier when I decided to just unfollow/block her everywhere.

24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah usually the person who breaks up with the other person is the one who's all "If we're meant to be together love will find a way". It's like, they enjoy the attention even though they prolly don't have malicious intentions. So they don't mind you texting them, though the ball is entirely in their court and they've probably already "moved on" or are over it while the other person hasn't.

Basically the whole reason I said that was to say, @oldjersey is weirdly correct--cut off all communication with them. Take a friend to the show and enjoy yourselves. Time is what it takes to get over it.

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

lmao "weirdly correct"

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.