Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 1466

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Dog with a Blog

I forget exactly how it happened but I have a friend from Denmark and some dude from NYC was visiting there and they matched on Tinder. If I recall correctly, they never got to meet in Denmark, only talk via Tinder but he offered to fly her out to New York and she went lol.

2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Way back when, I was in Rotterdam for work and matched with a girl, we talked constantly for the week I was there but I never got a chance to meet up as I was too busy. We kept chatting and a couple months later I actually flew out to meet her. Granted its a 40min flight from England and was cheap as chips, but it does happen

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Saw Foxing tonight and ran into a girl I had been crushing on for like 6 years, don’t worry I got out a solid “hey haven’t seen ya in a while” and she was way more excited to see me then I expected lol

coleslawed, Borat, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  4. Cgarnsay

Trusted

How was Coheed?

5. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

It was an off-date show, Foxing + Locals

Dog with a Blog and Cgarnsay like this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

Did you exchange info?

7. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

We’ve been friends for years ive just never brought up how I felt. If I’m being honest our personalities / lifestyles wouldn’t fit together well but a man can crush right? Lol

8. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I'm in an awkward spot, I don't have any reservations for Thursday but we've been on three great dates so I feel like I should do something? My current plan is cooking for her and having a night in.

9. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Update: She doesn’t wanna go out with me anymore

10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Dog with a Blog and Mrplum5089 like this.
  11. marsupial jones

Soooooooo I was bored and downloaded Plenty of Fish (love the website names these days) and this girl messages me and wants me to email her so I create a fake email and send a message and she responds back and her profile says she lives like 5 hours away but now she’s saying she lives in a tiny town 20 minutes away and wants to come over or meet somewhere in public and then “go back to your place or get a room somewhere as long as you don’t get this wrong about us” and I’m trying to figure out how far I should take this.

Like, do I get robbed if I go somewhere in public? Is this a dude? A female murderer? Each email comes with a pic of her and a 10 second video of her laughing or talking to the screen so idk wtf is going on but it’s some shady business but I’m intrigued and feel like I should call Dateline to back me up

ncarrab likes this.
  12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

this sounds shady as fuck

so go for it

13. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

“Woah woah woah, is it cool if I get in on this?”
    “Hell yeah dude, go for it”
    “Alright, LISTEN!”

Is what goes through my head every time I hear go for it

14. marsupial jones

So she goes “before we meet you gotta do this background check stuff so I know you’re cool and not gonna hurt me. I really wanna meet you babe but we gotta be safe. I’ll send you the site link, it’s free! Just be sure to select the free trial.”

So sure okay lol

So I get the link to some meet up site that might be real but every other word is misspelled and the sentences are all choppy like it was translated by google from another language.

And of course it’s “free” but they need my credit card number. Now, I have Chase with awesome fraud protection and have been meaning to get a new CC number anyway so I type in my number and then the site says the card doesn’t work and Chase IMMEDIATELY CALLS ME. How cool is that? So I tell them it was a safety site to buy stuff from eBay or something for a hockey jersey and the guy goes “yeah.... that site isn’t any good. We’re cancelling your card and you’ll have a new one in 2 days.”

(The site said “free” and they were gonna charge the card $140 ASAP)

And now the girl keeps emailing me what the hold up is and how I must be another “stupid fucker who is just wasting her time” :crylaugh:

Whew. What a night. Time for bed.

15. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

hahaha yeah I've seen those before. Link a shady site rife with spelling errors, ask for credit card number. It's sadly pretty common on dating apps.

16. marsupial jones

I’m glad I thought ahead and created a fake email account. Don’t need her spamming me for the next few days or weeks (although I’m sure she/them/whoever) is already on to the next person lol.

I was almost afraid to read the emails, wondering if there was some virus or tracking thing that could get on my Mac. I worried about this shit in general but I started Mr. Robot today which REALLY isn’t helping things lol

Dog with a Blog and theagentcoma like this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Mr. Robot season 4 is now based on this encounter.

18. marsupial jones

What a way for the show to go out

19. marsupial jones

Viewership might quickly go down hill after the first episode though. This story lacks substance.

SlappinCups and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

theagentcoma, ncarrab, Joe4th and 4 others like this.
  21. marsupial jones

22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

What’s your mother’s maiden name
    The first 16 digits of your credit card
    Your dob
    CCV code

This is just for my logs, you can trust me. Just going into my scrapbook.

23. marsupial jones

i used to always get those robo calls that say, "you've won an all paid expense trip on Carnival Cruise!" or to some hotel or whatever and i always wondered, "how many people fall for that? and how quickly do they get your info or screw you over?" like... do they just instantly ask for a credit card or what? one friend really spooked me and said, "what if they're just after your kidneys! they don't ask for any info over the phone, but they know where you're staying and bam! you wake up without your kidneys!"

so, guess what i did a few weeks ago?
    when i got the call, i hit 0 to speak with an operator and after playing confused and happy at my GREAT LUCK! they launch into this full blown "verification process" that requires my email address, DOB, last four of my SSN, driver's license number and a credit card "to have on file in case any damage occurs to the room".

:crylaugh::crylaugh:

sure, sure, sure. let me just scan in my fingerprints too while i'm at it.

and then when i call the guy out for being or working for a scammer and being a piece of shit, he tries to talk me down as if this is a perfectly normal thing to win and that the info he needs is just to verify that I AM WHO I SAY I AM. hooooo doggie.

24. marsupial jones

i also once kept a scammer who said he needed access to my computer to get rid of a virus that HE KNEW i had, but that i COULDN'T SEE on my end on a dizzying back and forth for close to 2 hours one drunk night before "admitting" that i didn't know what a computer was and that i was looking at a calculator the whole time.

was surprised he didn't hang up before all of that. you'd think, like any business, that time is:money::money::money::money:

25. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Damn dude, you might've missed out on the trip of a lifetime.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.