Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 1420

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

me and a couple friends are going to Disneyland next month and I low key hate it. They want us to all stay in the same hotel but I don't like that because hotels are expensive in LA. I'd rather stay in an airbnb in an area I usually stay at. I also want to go single rider because that is how I am but they keep stressing we have to stay together and I am like UGHHHH.

bigmike likes this.
  2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Go with me

3. CobraKidJon

I told them I wanted to invite a friend and they got all mad at me lol

4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

what kinda friends are these people smh

SlappinCups likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Why're you going to hang out with people you don't want to hang out with? @CobraKidJon

6. CobraKidJon

more like they tagged along with me

I was planning a trip to Disneyland and they wanted to join

7. Mr. Serotonin

"no"

Haha, I get it. That sucks.

Kingjohn_654, bigmike and SlappinCups like this.
  8. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

bigmike, GrantCloud and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Just tell them there’s things you want to do and they’re free to accompany you but if you want to go on different rides you’ll meet up at a different time. That’s what I do when I go with groups.

Mr. Serotonin and SlappinCups like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Told y'all riding solo is the way to go

Loneliness I don't know her

11. CobraKidJon

these are the same friends that question me for always doing stuff alone

they don't like it

12. Mr. Serotonin

I know her, she wild ;-)

13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

There have been like 3 girls out of the several dates I've gone on these past few months that I have wanted to see a second time. One of them I'm finally getting together with a second time today after initially going out like 2 months ago. We're gonna play music and walk a dog she's watching. I learned Blackbird on guitar last night just for the occasion lol

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

16. supernovagirl

Took a bit of a backslide.
    I cant remember how much of this I already said, so sorry if some of it is a recap.
    After my ex left last week I didn’t see him for 6 days and barely even talked to him in that time. He went out almost every night with new coworkers and who knows who.
    Saturday night we had plans for him to spend the night and he arrived with a huge hickey on his neck that made me feel like shit. But after the night it felt like old times again.
    He left and we spent Sunday night apart.
    Then Monday I found out he called out sick to work, so I brought him soup. Then I hung out with some other friends and when I was done was texting him about dinner which lead to us deciding to get dinner together which led to him spending the night again
    It feels like an addiction like I know that it’s not helping to fall back into old patterns but when he’s around is the only time I’m ~ok~. And I feel a lot of guilt and idk shame because eeeeveryone is just like yeah you need to move on and stop seeing him/talking to him. And like...that’s not going to happen anytime soon. So I know I’m just disappointing people and annoying people so I end up not trying not to talk about it but then I just word vomit a novel on a web forum and it’s fjne

iCarly Rae Jepsen and St. Nate like this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah Amber you know how I feel about it, you are keeping the wound fresh and unable to heal while still having him in your life. Stuff like him having hickeys on his neck when you see him is not worth the time you DO spend with him that feels good. I absolutely get it being hard to not see him. But seeing him is going to keep you on this roller coaster where most of the ride is not enjoyable and is not worth the small amounts of time that are enjoyable.

If nothing changes, nothing changes. Life is usually that simple.

I'm not trying to lecture you, because I know this stuff is much easier said than done, but it is a recurring theme for you for quite a while, and what I think is one of the major sources of your pain you feel.

18. supernovagirl

This is definitely true, but I guess for now I do find it worth the time that is enjoyable.

Honestly my mood has been so wildly all over the place that I’m just taking the optimism while I can hah

bigmike likes this.
  19. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It's so much easier said than done. If it was easy then we wouldn't have like a million forms of art about suffering over the ex! You will end up getting out of this cycle and moving on eventually because you're a queen but in the meantime it sounds like he's sorta moving on and yeah like nothing sucks more than spending so much emotional labor over it and not being able to move on and then realizing one day that they have, and your life has been put on hold and in limbo while they're out getting on with life. You have some time to figure yourself out. You have a plan to move to Seattle. in the meantime it's okay to be confused and conflicted and sometimes screw up and go back. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and get it all out of your system before u move to Washington cause then you'll have all this practice breaking hearts but most importantly being a wonderful awesome YOU. Figure out what you want and need and how to be happy and start forging a life without him, or at least with him in a different role. Cause sis I promise u in a few years you're gonna be like omg I can't believe I was so hung up on that!!! Just try you're best and try not to put too much guilt and pressure on yourself for not doing things "right" or on the timetable you think you should

dadbolt, Mary V, bigmike and 6 others like this.
  20. supernovagirl

Urrrrrgggh you’re gonna make me cry. This is exactly what I needed, for real. And yeah I really *am* trying to start a life without him/with him in a different role but it doesn’t happen overnight and there are definitely backslides. It’s a process but the mere fact that I’m able to do that is so much farther than I expected to be at this point, so I will take it. Anyway just...thank you.

bigmike and Kiana like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

That settles it we're taking you to Vegas to meet a cute guy and get over him

22. supernovagirl

Lmaoo I am so exhausted and defeated by the idea of love or lust that I don’t want none of it
    Like I still love my ex so that’s why that’s easy. Mustering up the motivation to care about anyone else....nah

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. Mr. Serotonin

It doesn't sound easy when you describe it though :-/

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Speaking of Vegas tho Britney stays tricking me with her awesome rehearsal footage that's always 10x better than the final stage show SMH but I wanna go to the new residency!! Also something something relationships.

25. supernovagirl

I guess I just meant the love is already there so it’s easy to lean into it
    I’m exhausted by the idea of cultivating emotions for anyone else, if that makes sense
    I’m literally so cynical about love but specifically men, so I’m disinterested.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.