Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 1405

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Fuck James' phone

2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Is that a bit y’all still do or what

4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Seems like I have differing views on divorce a bit but it's all good.

Also the thought of getting divorced and trying to get some other person to like me and marry me sounds fucking exhausting and awful

5. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

What’re your thoughts on divorce?

Colby Searcy and supernovagirl like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I am convinced people take screenshots with like red battery just to make people get angry at them

bigmike likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

this me

bigmike, GrantCloud and SlappinCups like this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

I swear, my buddy and his wife look more and more alike with each passing year. Is that like a real thing? Or did he just happen to marry someone that lowkey looks like his sister?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Don’t kink shame

10. My friend and her boyfriend look like brother and sister. They even have the same hairstyle now

Dog with a Blog and SlappinCups like this.
  11. Colby Searcy Dec 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 11, 2018)
    Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

While I do agree with your point that it doesn't always mean failure, I disagree with the nonchalance of what it felt like most were saying in here. To me, if you go into marriage with a predisposition of "if it doesn't work out I can always divorce" it's not going to work and you're almost dooming it to fail.

Trust me, I get it, relationships and marriage is fucking brutally hard and doesn't always come easy for some and has to be worked at. I just feel like many times "the easy way out" is taken before things can be worked out or even cause for reasons not to work it out or change or whatever.

I'm not trying to be judgmental at all if I come across that way, I just have a bit of a problem with society today and immediately jumping to "let's get divorced" if something goes(sometimes) slightly wrong.

Of note: my parents divorced when I was 3, I don't remember much about it other than the custody hearing that I attended, but it was the right decision for my parents and I don't resent them at all for it. They are with their more suitable partners now.

12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i think divorce should be a last resort but the thing is everyone has their own thresholds, last straws, and definitions of happiness. the end of the road is different for everyone. the only woman i’ve ever truly seen a future with is the one i’m currently with who, ironically, is previously divorced. she still loves the idea of marriage though and just knows it was with the wrong guy that she met at too young of an age etc

perks of dating a divorcee: she is totally over spending money on a wedding and says if we get there she wants it to be in a backyard or something haha. down af with that

13. Shrek

i was once with someone for almost five years and we didn’t really hit a rough patch or even have a real fight until 3 years in or so. once i saw that side of her i couldn’t unsee it and that lead to the unraveling. that’s a reasonable time for some people to meet, get engaged, and get married. if that happened i would have been divorced. you don’t always see every side of someone until it’s too late

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I knew she had a red flag! I'm just glad it's a benign one that isn't actually an issue

Shrek likes this.
  15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Update.

Had another long talk last night, it was v tough. I ended up spending the night at my parents just so we could have some space. My parents and I had a really nice talk and I feel a bit of clarity since then. I really want to make things work with her. Even though I'm feeling these doubts now, I know that I still love her and am capable of feeling happiness with her.

I decided that I want to see a therapist and talk to them about all this. I've been putting off seeing one to talk about my depression for the past year or so, so I think this will be good to really get all my thoughts out there to someone who's trained to listen.

I appreciate all the good advice in here yesterday, it was a big help honestly.

16. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I don't really know where to put this, I guess friendship is a kind of relationship so I'll put it here. Yesterday was not a very good day at all until I heard from my friend who I haven't seen in almost exactly two years, we met and my like my core group of friends and her just clicked perfectly, like peas in a pod. Then she went home for Christmas and got in a really bad car accident and had a bunch of weed on her (don't remember how it worked out but she got off okay) then moved to New Jersey and hasn't had a car/bit of a driving phobia so I haven't seen her since then. She should be coming to visit me/us this weekend. I can't fucking wait

Mary V, bigmike and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I get that, and even agree that the mindset in a relationship is half the battle for sure. Thank you for explaining your viewpoints. Very much enjoy hearing someone out in here who have an opinion that goes against the majority of the thread.

Colby Searcy and supernovagirl like this.
  18. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

perfectly said.

this makes me think of the episode of Friends where Chandler and Monica fight and Chandler says, "well, we had a good run" and Monica is like, "we're not breaking up, this is just what adults do. they fight sometimes."

i'm like Chandler - once i hit a bump in the road or get bored, goodbye. (this is why i'll never get married or have a long relationship and find people in long relationships / marriages fascinating. it's beyond my scope of comprehension)

Shrek likes this.
  19. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Hey it’s coming up on your one year, right?

Shrek likes this.
  20. Shrek

it sure is! can’t believe it’s only been a year tbh but it’s been wonderful the whole time

Borat, supernovagirl, Mary V and 6 others like this.
  21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I get that! Congrats man.

Shrek likes this.
  22. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Also, congrats to @Joe4th, too. Don’t want to leave him out of that.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Barenaked Ladies voice
    it's been one year

Borat, SlappinCups, Shrek and 2 others like this.
  24. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

So, kinda dry on conversations from all the apps I use. I’ve had zero luck with coffee meets bagel. It seems awful. Is it one of those places where you have to go past a paywall to even send messages? Also, okcupid seems awful too compared to what it was like a few years ago before dating my ex...well thinking back now I met my last ex on there lol

25. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

damn i forgot there was a period of time last year when y'all were just starting these relationships. nuts.

Borat, Joe4th, SlappinCups and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.