Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends - The Home Inside My Head (May 27, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

In my opinion the only stuff they released that is worth listening to is Everyone That Dragged You Here, Three Songs About The Past Year Of My Life, and a few songs off of Put Yourself Back Together. Anything after that, I really just can't get into.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  2. I think this is their strongest release. Pretty good stuff. Obviously not transcendent or anything, but a good pop punk album.

3. MegT585

Trusted

As a massive pop punk fan, I keep trying to get into these guys and just lisened to the new album in full. I just can't get into it. It is way too corny and generic for me.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This album as a whole is kind of a disappointment for me. Colder Quicker is by far the best song IMO. Mess is pretty good too but the rest kind of just blends together into nothing too memorable. I really wanted to like this a lot too.

dwpaulin likes this.
  5. I really don't like that they released Colder Quicker first. Hate hearing album closers before the release date. That said, the song is good and I'm sure I'll get used to the weirdness of it.

6. btr

Trusted Supporter

Dan wrote "Stay in One Place", "Isolating Everything", "Eastwick", and "Colder Quicker"

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

I have one download code for the album if anyone wants it

8. Brandon Briganti

Regular Prestigious

I'll take it

9. I totally guessed all three except for Eastwick... Eastwick is my least favourite on the record but the other three are in the top 4 (Mess is also up there). Regardless, though, the album is such a dud lyrically with all of Kyle's shit poetry that the only song I can listen to all the way through without shaking my head is Colder Quicker. Why did they release the best song first?

10. I like this album a lot

11. Brandon Briganti

Regular Prestigious

12. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

Lyrics are questionable but some of the melodies in these songs are pretty good. Empty Picture Frames is probably the best on here.

FTank likes this.
  13. ale5875

Regular

I like this album more than their debut, which I thought was okay but nothing special. Not that this one is going to end up on my end-of-the-year list, but I think they at least improved. Still not my thing though.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

After listening to this album several times over the last few days, I definitely think this is the best total package the band has put out thus far. And the production is absolutely killer, so happy they went with Steve Evetts. That guy is a legend for a reason. I think Dan has really come into his own as a frontman and vocalist, turning in some of his most passionate performances ever. And his lyrics are also really good, I would love to hear more songs with his lyrics in the future. On the whole, they delivered a catchy, much-improved, and fun summer record. Going to be jamming this regularly for a while. Really happy I had my expectations met.

musicfan9795 and ECV like this.
  15. This is like very early The Starting Line but without the hooks

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

even if it was cringey at times, i always felt their early stuff was their catchiest most engaging music. this was one of those albums that i got 4 songs into before i deleted off my itunes :\

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think this is by far their best album. Definitely not a great release by any means, and still contains some truly god awful lyricism, but I'm impressed how much they stepped it up musically. There are some good melodies here.

18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

These lyrics are too awful. I used to really dig this band, but they've only gone down hill since their early EPs

19. The lyrics aren't great but they don't make me cringe as bad as the last album. Definitely not a great album but it's a fun listen so I'll take it!

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I like this album more than the latest TWY, so there's that.

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Anyone still jamming to this album? Gave it a spin today for the first time since the release. It was alright first listen, but today it clicked with me. Good album.

22. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Definitely took a little while to click with me. Before I saw them a few weeks ago on TWY tour, I decided to jam this album on the 2 hour drive there since I had liked it the first few listens when it came out, but not much really stuck out. The more I listen, the more I really think this album is solid.

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Still jamming it often and it is going to be in my top ten of the year, probably. I really enjoy it the more I've listened to it over the last few months and seeing them play some of these songs live on the TWY tour was really fun. Dan gets really emotional when they play "Colder Quicker" (understandably) and it feels really cathartic to watch and sing along to. I said back when the album released that this is the best total package the band has released thus far and I stand by that.

Also, they should be opening every goddamn set they play with "Stay In One Place." The fact that they don't is a huge missed opportunity. Maybe once the album is a bit older they can work it in.

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I don't remember too much from this album but Colder Quicker is a great song

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This album still holds up. Gave it a stream today and it made me excited to hear what they do next.

Hopefully lyrics are more mature haha.

tumbleweedterror likes this.