Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends - The Home Inside My Head (May 27, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 31, 2016.

1. _unproductive

Regular

Nostalgic doesn't equal good tho. I don't really think any of TEN's art is that good, but "Forget Ehat You Know" had a solid photo (typography is still lazy).

This is bad typography and a mediocre photo. It won't hold up over time like Deja, Full Collapse.

2. Bill Kuntsler

New song reminds me a lot of old Starting Line. Really diggin it.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

the two new songs remind me of The Starting Line.

This one also had some of that ADTR melody in it.

Plus, the lyrics are way better. Can't wait to hear the rest

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

2 new songs? What's the other new one besides Colder, Quicker?

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

NVM, One new song. The other song I was thinking of was a This Wild Life cover. Came up on my mix yesterday and thought it was a new song until I went back to see the name of the song.

6. latenesswill

New In The City But Down For The Night

Love the new song, huge progression in sound, and I was on board with the first album. Evetts is a genius producer.

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

They played "Scared to be Alone" on their $5 tour.

8. SamLevi11 Apr 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2016)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Just listening to the new Lead Singer Syndrome with Dan. He's really impressed me so far. Seems a very stand up dude with everything he said regarding safe spaces and TSSF/Warped and so on.

Also, apparently Dan wrote lyrics for four songs on the record, and two B Sides.

9. SmithBerryCrunch Apr 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2016)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Major The Starting Line vibes from the chorus.

10. btr Apr 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2016)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

Dan wrote "Colder Quicker" and Kyle wrote "Scared to Be Alone", for those wondering.

11. btr

Trusted Supporter

Song's also on iTunes and Spotify if you want an official stream.

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks! Just saw that, edited my post with the music video link.

13. _unproductive

Regular

i know this is a completely personal opinion, but i wish Kyle would stop writing lyrics for their songs. They're super cheesy

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Kyle's lyrics have gotten so recycled and stale, when they were never that good to begin with.

15. Oddly looking forward to this album despite actively disliking most of their previous material. Colder Quicker is a pretty good single.

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

God damn the new song sucks.

17. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I had never listened to this band and after listening to that song above I wish I hadn't started. Holy shit that was horrible.

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Give 'Colder, Quicker' a listen. It's from the new album and it's soooooo much better than Mokena.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is 2/4 from me so far. Colder Quicker & Mess are brilliant, but Mokena is terrible and Scared To Be Alone just does nothing for me.

Jusscali likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Giving this album my first listen through. I'm nervously optimistic.

21. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

If these songs came out in 2001, it might be something worth looking into

carina likes this.
  22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn't like Colder Quicker, which was the only single from this I listened to, but I daresay I....liked the first track on the album? Definitely curious to check out the rest when there's a rip that doesn't sound like it was produced using the voice recorder on someone's phone.

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I've listened through the whole album a few times. Idk. I guess I would say I'm disappointed. Colder Quicker hit me so hard when that was first released and I just don't think the rest of the album is that strong. I liked the diversity they had on the last album, even if I didn't like some of the songs.

The lyrics are a lot of the same old, same old. Dan should've written more songs. I'm curious to know which other ones he wrote besides Colder Quicker.

Also, I can't believe "I'm sick of writing the same songs" (or something like that, I'm drunk so I can't find the actual lyrics) is a real song lyric on this album.

24. I'm about a third through my first listen... and as someone who absolutely loves their last album, I'm hoping the second half of the album has more. I immediately pre-ordered based purely off of Colder Quicker because it was really great, but a lot of the writing uses strange imagery for me. Has a lot of Kyle's spoken style he has done in the writing, but with a pop-punk song wrapped around it. I guess I was hoping for slightly more progression, especially looking at what their peers have done recently. But Dan's vocals still kill. He will keep me listening, and their energy is always so fun.

25. Meh, I tried. Wish Dan would've take over as the main lyricist. At least there wasn't a single "sleepy eyes and bony knees" haha.

carina likes this.