Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends Part Ways With Frontman

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Wow

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Won't be the same band without him

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Huge bummer and this sucks. That's all I can think of right now.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

6. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Looks like that band name was bullshit all along

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Wow, what a not great day.

8. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Shame they pulled the Ripcord on this after a very good album.

9. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

This is a real shocker and tbh I can't see the band coming back from this. He's such a huge part of their identity. I really wonder what happened to cause this.

10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

hes been open about mental health issues that come along with touring and being in a band, that might play a part.

11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yeah my guess is he didn't want to tour as much and they did

12. fbrrocks

Trusted

Rip didn’t see this coming

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

He really matured over the last 4 years. I’m not interested in a Real Friends without Dan.

CMilliken likes this.
  14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Wow this sucks. Never expected this.

15. btr

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Fearless dropped the ball on album promo. No reason Composure shouldn’t have done better than it did.

16. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Was really really good after previous albums really not mattering to me.

I’m interested to see where the band goes from here. Could be a cool change up or be the beginning of the end.

theasteriskera likes this.
  17. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Some bands can go on after something like this but it’s really difficult. Dance Gavin Dance comes to mind but I feel that they are so much more than one individual and I feel that Real Friends was mostly focused on Dan.

tyramail likes this.
  18. CheapPop

Regular

This sucks. Spoke to Dan (and the rest of the guys as well) a handful of time over the years after shows. He was always a real great guy.

I wasn't really into this band at first but they grew on me over time, and there latest album was by and far their best body of work. This band for sure won't be the same without Dan.

19. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Yeah Dan is a massive role if RF this band won't be the same without him, unfortunately.

CMilliken likes this.
  20. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Dan had true frontman charisma. That's kind of a rare commodity among the pop punk scene these days. The band might be underestimating his significance to their success.

21. yikes that really stinks

latortuga likes this.
  22. CMilliken

Trusted

Yeah, this sucks! I’d assume it has to do with mental health but who knows. I’m interested to see what they do next but it will not be the same having someone else step in and sing their past songs.

So unfortunate this has happened especially after their last album. Could only see them on the up and up after that.

I just don’t see them coming back from this. Hope they prove me wrong.

23. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I love that a ton of RF fans, ranging from casual to obsessed, agree that Composure is probably their best release. This is a real bummer, but I'd much rather him be happy & healthy than continue because he feels like has to

CMilliken and BoldType like this.
  24. WeWereGiants

Regular

Composure was huge for me, I’ve always seen the potential in this band and I feel like it was one of those truly good pop punk albums.

Dan is a huge champion for mental health so I imagine this will be best for him. I’d like the band to continue but they’ve got a big hole to fill.

CMilliken likes this.
  25. dubey

Regular

Never was a huge fan of the band but saw them a bunch opening for other bands

Will never forget them getting the crowd to sit down during their Warped Tour 18 set in Toronto and "row row row your boat"