Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends / Have Mercy / Tiny Moving Parts / Broadside / nothing,nowhere. Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 14, 2017.

1. michael_gatto

Trusted

Thank you very much!

2. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Have Mercy said (on twitter) that that aforementioned setlist is incorrect and that they are switching it up every night.

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They played that set minus "You Made Me" on Saturday but the order was different

4. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Well that's discouraging LOL

5. kman22

Regular

Did they play 3rd or 4th?

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It was part of Spring Fling

7. Chinesefood

Regular

No one's stoked on Scott Stapp making America rock again?

pauljgreco likes this.
  8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Does nothing, nowhere have a film being projected during their set? They had it on the Thrice tour and it was really cool

9. Chinesefood

Regular

So bummed I missed that. Saw nothing,nowhere. with Have Mercy on an off date during the MCS tour, and he was suuuuper excited about opening for Thrice

johnnyferris likes this.
  10. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Well I'm going tonight. Curious to see how the show goes.

Chinesefood and kman22 like this.
  11. Chinesefood

Regular

Let us know haha

12. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Well venue was half-empty and a ton of people left before RF. Good show but I left early because it was just too long.

13. michael_gatto

Trusted

What's Tiny Moving Parts been playing on this tour?

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

from the first page!

pauljgreco likes this.
  15. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Mostly newer stuff from Celebrate with a few of the bangers from the first two records (Sundress, Always Focused and Dakota). If you don't love the newer this might not be the tour for you. I like Celebrate so I thought it was a good set.

16. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

honestly I think it was a huge part of the problem.

pauljgreco likes this.
  17. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

30 to 40 people left after Have Mercy last night as well. Interesting because I thought they wouldn't draw well.

pauljgreco likes this.
  18. Chinesefood

Regular

Was Have Mercy's set the same as this: Have Mercy Setlist at Saint Andrew's Hall, Detroit
    Someone posted on here that they were supposed to be changing it up every night. Also was TMP direct support for your show?

19. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

It was similar but I don't think it was the same. Don't know them too well though. And no TMP played before Have Mercy

Chinesefood likes this.
  20. andysoto523

Regular

Tbh, it's not that surprising that Real Friends is now declining in popularity. Maybe others experiences differ but I noticed peoples' hype for pop punk bands die out very quickly. Can't count how many times I've heard someone say that they have been "over" Real Friends for awhile and were really big on them in 2014/2015. Same can be said about TSSF, State Champs, Knuckle Puck and others but at different times. These are the same people who are always talking about how good Trash Boat and Movements are so I'd expect the pattern to continue with those bands if they happen to get big as previously mentioned bands.

Not trying to talk crap about any of the bands mentioned, just a trend I've noticed way too often.

Also as someone mentioned earlier, it doesn't help at all that Real Friends does multiple headlining tours a year.

21. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Pop Punk bands have always had a constantly revolving door fanbase aside from the absolute biggest names in the genre.

Just look at last.fm profiles of a lot of the more "scene" bands from like 2006-2009. Tons of bands with 80,000+ all time listeners on that site that are all but forgotten now.

22. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Last night in Denver I felt that Tiny Moving Parts stole the show, they had a genuine energy about them that seemed to pass through the crowd.

Collins and Emokid79 like this.
  23. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Was thinking of going to this next Friday, liked Have Mercy's new album and have yet to see Real Friends.

And then Ninja Sex Party announced a show on the same day and I'm all like, "Lol, sorry RF!"

24. Grato

Regular

Tiny Moving Parts would 100 % steal this show. Sad they're not playing more off of "This Couch," new album was too pop-punky for me, but good for them if they're getting the exposure they've deserved since 2012

25. michael_gatto

Trusted

This does not surprise me. Those dudes always kill it with their live show.

pauljgreco likes this.