Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends / Have Mercy / Tiny Moving Parts / Broadside / nothing,nowhere. Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 14, 2017.

1. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Emails are going out to the winners of that hang out session thing. I actually won for a date I'm not going to, which is a hilarious mess.

Also want to echo that this and As It Is being on the same day in Portland fucking sucks.

2. MegT585

Trusted

That is super embarrassing on their part.

3. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Agreed, but to be fair they were really cool about it and helped me out right away.

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Tiny Moving Parts has tweeted that this will be their only US tour this year

5. devenstonow

Noobie

well thats how you sell damn tickets @_@

btr likes this.
  6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I would be way, way more excited for this if it was in smaller rooms.

tumbleweedterror and tyramail like this.
  7. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I want to see Nothing, Nowhere again, but it's not life or death for me. These are all bands I would sit through but also no clear favorites of mine.

If I have the night off from work then great I'll go

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This starts tomorrow.

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

Doors at 5:30, Show at 6:15 in Grand Rapids.

I'm still debating going down for this, but Real Friends is the only band on the bill I really want to see.

10. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

After the new Have Mercy album totally bombed for me, I'm not really excited for any of the openers anymore, save for Broadside. Gonna be a long seven shows lol.

If anyone goes to the first few dates, though, setlists/set times/merch pics would be much appreciated!

11. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

I had the opposite experience - I personally love the new HM album and think it's some of their strongest work to date and I'm now looking to do more than one show.

Funny how people can perceive the same thing differently lol

tumbleweedterror and GEM37 like this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I was stoked to see Have Mercy at Spring Fling, but the new album is so meh. I really hope they only play the singles

Emokid79 likes this.
  13. btr

Trusted Supporter

Broadside's new single is on Spotify

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

My friend went to Grand Rapids tonight and said there were about 200 people there.

15. darkstorms139

Regular

YIKES.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Might as well call it 200 Monroe Live...

17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Real Friends fans all turned 18

MegT585 and Daniel182 like this.
  18. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I had a feeling this tour would bomb. I'm expecting the Portland venue to be about half full.

19. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Damn that's depressing.

20. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

It is. I really think it has to do with the lineup. Not one person I know or even on here as far as I could see, was excited for more than 2 bands. I know a lot of people won't go unless they like more of the bill. Not to mention, the Portland show is just terrible timing. I love real friends though, poor dudes.

21. btr

Trusted Supporter

Real Friends needs to go on some tours where they're the opening band rather than direct support or the headliner. You can't expect to do this many headlining tours a year and have the same people come out every single time. Gain some new fans and then head back out on your own headliner.

Also don't announce a tour four months out when none of the opening bands draw that well on their own

22. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Oof.

23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

people will go regardless on lineup if they feel passionate about the headliner
    obviously real friends does not have that fanbase

24. devenstonow

Noobie

*thinks to self*
    oh, that's not TOO bad; it's probably a 750 person or so venue

*goes to venue website*

ALT/MSC/FAN and MegT585 like this.
  25. natesmith083

Regular

There's a 400 cap venue at the front room of the intersection (a 1600 cap venue) which is a few blocks down the street from 20 Monroe. May as well played there...