Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends / Have Mercy / Tiny Moving Parts / Broadside / nothing,nowhere. Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Grato

Regular

how is this selling? I feel like I don't know a single person who is hyped about this

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I'm curious as well, it doesn't seem like the hype is that high, compared to when real friends was here last. I love real friends but the lineup is not my cup of tea, so I may not go myself.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I was thinking about going to this, but Aaron West announced a show the same night in a 200 cap room, so I'm doing that. If I go to this, it'll be at Spring Fling.

4. marissalg

Trusted

If you still have them I'll take two of them.

MegT585 likes this.
  5. MegT585

Trusted

I do. Private message me on here and we can figure it out :)

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

If you buy a ticket for our US headline tour this week, or have already purchased tickets, you are automatically entered for a chance to hang out with us before the show. FOR FREE! We'll even let you bring a friend, as long as they have a ticket. 25 people will be chosen in each city. If you are picked we'll email you with the details. We are stoked to hang.

Get your ticket by April 9th in order to be picked!

Buy tickets now at realfriendsband.com

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  7. Grato

Regular

damn ticket sales must really be hurting

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

From what i've seen, ticket sales aren't awful but they're not where they should be. They announced this tour in the beginning of January aka way too early

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

That, and I think a lot of these venues are waaaay too big.

smowashere likes this.
  10. Joshua

Regular

Not necessarily, they played the tla in philly 3 years ago with less bands around the same time and sold it out in advance, now I doubt it will sell out. I think they're unfortunately losing a lot of steam

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

I think they would sell more tickets if it was just Have Mercy and TMP.

12. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

They definitely could have played a smaller venue in Portland. This show would have mostly filled the Hawthorne, but I'm assuming the Wonder will be 50-75 percent full

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Fake news.

14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I totally agree. Also, as it is has a show the same night so I feel like that probably has a small effect.

15. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah the fact that those shows are on the same night is really unfortunate for both bands. I expect both shows to draw less because of it. Personally I'm going to this show, but if it weren't for Have Mercy I'd be going to As It Is. I think Real Friends is finally suffering from touring too much.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I can't imagine that anyone cares about any of these bands anymore besides Have Mercy since they have a new album dropping.

TMP maybe but they've played through every market like a million times in the last two years so I'd imagine people are burnt out on them.

17. Morgan

Morgan

I personally just wish this was a have mercy headliner, with no real friends.

18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I agree, I also think this opening lineup isn't doing much for people other than have mercy.

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

New song

20. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

That kinda bums me out since I'm going to this tour mainly for RF & Broadside. I figured with as much hype as they got on Warped that it would only continue through this tour.

21. mmcd323

Regular

Broadside puts on a crazy good performance, shocked more people aren't into them

22. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I'd probably go to the Philly date if it was a weekend, but I know I won't be able to convince anybody to go to this on a Monday night. I'd be going mostly for Tiny Moving Parts and Broadside anyway.

23. Cmoney86

Trusted

the chicago date is the same day as rise against deftones thrice and the beginning of spring awakening

kidinthebushes likes this.
  24. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness is also playing at the Crystal Ballroom that night, and I'm going to that instead of Real Friends. Agree that too many similar shows are happening 5/9 and Portland is not big enough to do that.

25. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Oh dang, I knew he was coming but didn't know that was the date! Yikes, that sucks.