Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends - Composure (July 13, 2018) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jun 18, 2018.

1. BenSmith94

Trusted

I listened on Spotify today and I couldn't hear the bass at all.

Songs sounded great though, looking forward to giving them a few more listens.

2. SmithBerryCrunch Aug 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2018)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

They did an AMA yesterday: r/poppunkers - Hello! It’s us, Real Friends. Ask us anything!

On who wrote each song:

Me first- Kyle
    Stand steady- Dan
    From the outside- Dan
    Smiling on the surface- Kyle
    Hear what you want- Kyle
    Unconditional love- Kyle
    Composure- Dan and Kyle
    Get by- Kyle
    Ripcord- Dan
    Take a hint- Dan

3. btr Aug 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2018)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

Much less noticeable this time around in regards to who wrote what. Kyle’s gotten a lot better.

4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Definitely. They have very similar writing styles

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t really know who wrote what in the past but I would say both have gotten much better, and they do seem similar, this album is very cohesive

Saephon likes this.
  6. btr

Trusted Supporter

Kyle wrote every single song aside from two on their last album The Home Inside My Head. So basically 99% of the song writing. Glad they decided to give Dan a chance!

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  7. Saephon

Regular

Considering I love just about all the songs, that says a lot about each of their writing progress. Huge step forward.,

teebs41 likes this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I just read this and came here to say how much Kyle has progressed, and how Dan has a knack for writing some really good hooks. This album hasn't dropped off for me at all and I really like it.

Joshua, beachdude42, teebs41 and 2 others like this.
  9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

10. lindsaylove081

Regular

SO PUMPED ! I can't wait to hear more songs from Composure. And I love Grayscale as well! This will be fantastic!

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That is an incredible tour. Boston Manor kill it live and their new music is fantastic.

teebs41 and sonder like this.
  12. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Yeah this is gonna be sick.

13. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I've never been a hater of Real Friends, in fact I always loved quite few of their songs, but I don't get the wild love this album has been getting.

Me First, Hear What You Want and Ripcord are among a few other bops but...

Smiling On The Surface and Stand Steady are some of the band's worst material ever.

If you think "Looking back on my youth I'm glad that I grew" is a good lyric but "I'm tired, oh I'm tired of being a scapegoat for your bad days and when it rains" isn't, idk what to tell you.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

It's a huge musical growth, and this stuff is way catchier.

I'm not denying they had some decent lyrics before, but they also had some hugely cringey stuff (and I've been a fan since the first EP). This is way more consistent and strong.

15. teebs41 Aug 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2018)
    teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This album is leagues better than anything before it

manoverboard365 and beachdude42 like this.
  16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

So much better.

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Was hoping for Unconditional Love as a single. Love that song.

lostawholeyear likes this.
  19. btr

Trusted Supporter

Late Nights In My Car was played on Sunday Night Football last night. Very weird to hear the opening instrumental on such a big platform.

20. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Saw these guys open for TWY like 5-6 years ago. I lost interest in them, sort of thought their lyrics were juvenile. But thought I’d give this album a try. Their songwriting has improved by a mile

beachdude likes this.
  21. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

22. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Never really listened to RF much before but I’m having a good time at their holiday show tonight. Mostly there for Hot Mulligan but I’m going to check them out fully now. This venue is like 4x smaller than what they would normally play so that’s cool too.

It was fun seeing Dan sing with Knuckle Puck and Joe sing with Real Friends in the same week.

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

24. David Smith

25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This is the first album from these guys that I enjoy, pretty excited to see them open for NFG this summer now.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.