Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends - Composure (July 13, 2018) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Saephon

Regular

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying a Real Friends record. As a Chicagoan, they've always been a bunch of guys that I like and want to support, but I rarely loved listening to their stuff all the way through. A lot of it is probably the fact that I'm 30 lol.

elemenohpe likes this.
  2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This album is real good. Did not expect this.

beachdude42 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

every song a banger

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Four or five listens in and my favorites are Me First, On The Outside, Smiling On The surface, Unconditional Love and Composure.

Don't think there is a single bad song on here. Easily their most consistent release.

5. timcsheehan

Regular

smiling on the surface kind of makes me think of NFG's I Dont Wanna know

6. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Never enjoyed any of the band’s prior releases, but this one is quite a good album...

elemenohpe likes this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Looking back on my youth
    It's good that I grew

woooooooooaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

8. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

this is all I've listened to for the last 3 days

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this albums great

11. Saephon

Regular

I can't get the chorus from Unconditional Love out of my head

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This has moved into my top 10. Can’t stop playing it.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, it's like my #3 right now

teebs41 likes this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

It's so good. And it's such a major leap in songwriting from their last two albums imo.

Not a single song on here that I skip.

beachdude42, sonder and teebs41 like this.
  15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I keep saying it but I am baffled that this band released an album I even like, let alone one that’s in my top 5 for the year

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I just find the lyrics super relatable like.. damn sort of made me look inside myself a bit and say yea I’ve grown but I still have a ton of stuff I need to work on

FTank likes this.
  17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah. Second all these thoughts. I keep coming back to this

teebs41 likes this.
  18. btr

Trusted Supporter

New songs (Get By, From the Outside) sounded great today live. Really looking forward to that fall headliner now.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Really hoping they come back to the UK soon. They were meant to play Slam Dunk this year but had to cancel so I imagine they will be on it next year instead.

20. owenlongsworth

Regular

I’m with a lot of you here, could never get into the band’s past material but this album is something else. Can not stop listening to it.

21. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Hated this band, but yeah, this is growing on me. The fact that it doesn't overstay it's welcome is a definite plus.

Windowsdown likes this.
  22. Ellite25

Regular

This album is the biggest surprise of the year for me. This album is so damn good. Every song is great.

sonder likes this.
  23. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Yeah came in to say the same thing. I was a casual fan of them before but this came out of nowhere for me. A very big and pleasant surprise.

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

The chorus of Unconditional Love just snuck up on me hard while I was lying in bed. This album is awesome

25. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I think I'm the only one who just finds these new songs to be corny. They take the same themes of the previous albums and simplify them, add pop and catchy chorus. It may be a better step for the band as far as appeal, but it seems less emotionally honest to me. Admittedly, before they got pretty repetitive. I don't hate the songs, they just do nothing for me.