Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends - Composure (July 13, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jun 18, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I agree.

Justin Roux and Nate_Johnson like this.
  2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Love love love unconditional love

*the song

3. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

That songs probably the most “progressional” song on this album for sure. Definitely one of my favorites.

Still can’t believe how far this bands come.

4. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Is it just me or is the vocal sound quality, and mix on "smiling on the surface" complete garbage?

5. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Oh my goodness this whole album is an earworm and a half. So stoked for these guys, they deserve it!!!

Me First might be the catchiest song they've ever written, imo.

Saephon and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  6. gonna try to have my review up on this site by Wednesday

7. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

the chorus in Composure = :heart:

teebs41 and lindsaylove081 like this.
  8. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

kind of you to say, but i think my reviewing days are done. I loved doing it when I did them, but now the thought of it just doesn't excite me. Plus I don't think I'm listening to enough new music anymore (although Spanish Love Songs is by far my favorite new find of the year). If Schmaltz hasn't been reviewed on here, it should be.

DickyCullz and teebs41 like this.
  9. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

i am a full-fledged lurker at this point! I don't really miss reviewing, but I definitely miss posting news (as weird as that may seem!) hope you're doing well.

bedwettingcosmo and teebs41 like this.
  10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

can i at least get a top 10 of 2018 so far from ya

11. btr

Trusted Supporter

“Me First” might be my favorite Real Friends song of the past five years. Easily their best album and their best work since Put Yourself Back Together.

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This album just keeps getting better. Can’t believe how many spins a RF album is getting from me.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

So I've fallen in love with this band because of Composure, but I'm not finding anything from their back catalog that grabs me besides Mess and I've Given Up On You. Any other old song suggestions?

14. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I don't know what to tell you, the Put Yourself Back Together EP is generally pretty well liked, but the rest of their discography is pretty polarizing.

"Maybe This Place Is The Same, And We're Just Changing" is charming for what it is, a staple of the mid-2010's pop-punk scene.

"Home Inside My Head" is considered musically and lyrically better, but nothing off of it really stuck for me.

Summer, Late Nights In My Car, Mokena, Empty Picture Frames, Everything I Never Want To Be are all bops though.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Home Inside My Head is okay. Maybe This Place.. is absurdly bad

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I keep coming back to this. It’s a pretty perfect 10 song album.

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. sonder Jul 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2018)
    sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

I honestly am more of a fan of the EPs than the full-lengths.

edit: Until now! This album is at least on par for me (obv it is light years ahead in musicianship) and with a few more months of listening I'm sure it'll be my favorite in their discography.

Saephon likes this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I like the EP’s and first full length even if they’re super corny lol

I did not like the last album at all though. Mess and Colder Quicker are solid though

19. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Every release I go "is this going to be the one that I like?" I'll find out tonight and report back tomorrow.

beachdude42 and Saephon like this.
  20. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Yup. This release is definitely their best. The lyrics aren't as cringe worthy this time and the musicianship is spot on. Really get TSL vibe.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I've honestly liked everything they have done but they peaked with the Put Yourself Back Together EP for me. Seeing all the positive vibes on here has me excited though. Gonna spin this.

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Colder Quicker and Late Nights in My Car pop into my head really often. The bridge on the latter song is my favourite thing they’ve done I think

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Lost Boy, Colder Quicker, I Don't Love you Anymore and Late Nights in My Car are my favourite older tracks alongside I've Given Up On You.

manoverboard365 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm really enjoying Colder Quicker, Scared to Be Alone and Late Nights in My Cars.

25. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

im not sure i can do 10, but off the top of my head

Spanish Love Songs
    Real Friends
    The Wonder Years
    Juice Wrld
    The Republic of Wolves
    Tiny Moving Parts
    Marshmello (don't hate)