Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends - Composure (July 13, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jun 18, 2018.

1. oldboot

Regular

"Hear What You Want" is my favorite so far. That "if I disappear, if I disappear" part of the chorus has been picking at my brain all morning.

Also, it's beautiful:hearteyes:

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wow this rocks

3. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I haven’t liked anything this band has put out since their EPs. Put this on on my morning commute and I’m absolutely loving it. There’s something I never expected to say.

beachdude42 and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  4. David Smith

Best pop-punk record of 2018

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Yeah idk if it’s the nostalgia of seeing everyone’s snaps at Warped a few weeks ago but this record is hitting that perfect sound that I’ve been looking for, definitely brings me back to high school/early college

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh my god that record variant looks amazing! I wish I got my hands on one

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Me First such a statement of an opener.

beachdude42 and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It's so weird to see so many positive thoughts about this band on this website lol

btr and Saephon like this.
  9. sawhney[rusted]2

completely wrote off this band years ago. glad they were finally able to improve

Saephon and beachdude42 like this.
  10. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Same, I used to hate this band. I saw them live with TWY five or six years ago and counted down the minutes til their set was over. But this album is in a different league.

11. David Smith

I'm just happy that it seems they've completely broken out of that emo/pop-punk in-between their last two records were trapped in

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

nobody will remember this, but i used to write about this band quite a bit when AP.net was around. It was always from a place of, man if these guys can get it together, they'll be special. "Maybe This place Is Changing" was so close. It wanted to be so much more. But it just didn't have hooks. The writing was terrible. They were stuck in 11th grade.

This one, man, this is what ive been waiting for. "Composure" is very good. It is so catchy. It does not sound as whiny (even though it's definitely still whiny). Feeling pumped for these guys, know they've been through some shit.

13. David Smith

The first record, all the lyrics were Kyle and he's not the greatest poet. Dan wrote four of the songs on Home Inside My Head and from what I've read, Composure is their most cohesive album in terms of both instrumentals and lyrics. Dan and Kyle were basically 50/50 on the lyrics with the other guys all having an input as well.

14. Saephon

Regular

The singles really turned me off, but I decided to hit play on the record and.... first two songs are real fucking jams. Definitely getting that TSL vibe. I hope the quality maintains for the remainder of the album. I still don't really like From The Outside though :/ Sorry.

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

didn't know you posted here. miss your writing.

teebs41 and oldboot like this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Blake you should do reviews again for this site!

Saephon likes this.
  17. btr

Trusted Supporter

There were times the past six years where I was afraid of saying anything positive about the band because everyone on here/AP hated them. Glad to see people give them a second chance/come around!

18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

REAL FRIENDS STAB YEW IN THE FRUUUUNT

...Oops wrong band

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I hate you

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

That’s one of those really stupid hooks that shouldn’t get stuck in your head, but does anyway lol...

Anyway back on topic... I’ve been humming Me First’s hook most of today.

Saephon and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  21. manoverboard365

Trusted

I've listened to the title track way too much today.

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This album gets better each listen. So good. Me First, From The Outside, Composure, Get By are my favorites.

23. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Between the lyrics and the vocal Danisms, I just could not get behind them for a long time. Maybe This Place had jams for sure, but I could never listen to it because of the reason you mentioned, and how Dan dragged words/lines/whatever out... the last album just fell flat altogether. This one, from the first minute of the first song I was pulled right in. I thought that would possibly be the case when I first heard Get By, that song still is such a strong song by itself and with the rest of the record. Man, I’m so happy with how this turned out for me - I always said they would be better as a TSL cover band, but these songs are awesome.

Saephon and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This album is so good. The bar just got raised for pop punk in 2018. Definitely my favorite of the year so far. This took over the new State Champs album for me too. (Thats another good one)

25. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Does Unconditional Love remind anyone else of The Maine?

beachdude42 likes this.