Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends - Composure (July 13, 2018) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jun 18, 2018.

1. He’s had a very public battle with his mental health and tries to raise awareness for stuff like that.

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

What's the rationale thing they keep referencing?

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Are we sure it’s mental health related? I know he has mental health issues (so that seems likely) but nowhere is that confirmed the reason he left. I hope it’s not bad blood or anything.

4. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I think that's the side project with Joe from Knucklepuck.

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Never heard of it. I'm so out of the scene now.

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Damn, following their best album by a lot... this is a huge bummer.

7. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

:/

8. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah don't really see them last long with out him. I know Kyle has always been the creative force of the band, but Dan was a great frontman and bands always tend to fall off after replacing a vocalist.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Wow what the fuck. I kinda got a "not ending on good terms" vibe when reading the statements.

ItsAndrew, beachdude and brad4846 like this.
  10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like they deleted/deactivated their Facebook too.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously a huge bummer

12. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Also now seems quite appropriate that Brian starts selling illustrations mere days before this announcement. Maybe he saw the beginning of the end and realized he needs a new endeavor. Maybe I’m reading into things too deeply, but it doesn’t seem coincidental to me.

13. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Real Friends have cancelled several tours in the past due to Dan's mental health. I can't think of another reason why he'd leave the band, especially given that he's such a positive and accepting guy, I can't imagine him getting into any beef with the rest of the band.

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Damn. This really sucks. Listening to them on shuffle right now.

15. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly have no idea where they’re going to go from here. There have been plenty of bands that have lost their singer though and continued with great success. I hope for the best with them.

beachdude likes this.
  16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

this really hurts. their last album was really good. I always liked his honest lyrics.

falafelmywaffle and beachdude like this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

18. ccsc918

existing

I already really miss these guys, I really hope this band continues.The music has charm

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Still really thankful I saw them at The Loft back in September. I would've really regretted not getting to see them one more time. That was their last show before Dan parted ways.

20. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Part of me regrets not going go to that show, but I was really disappointed that they brought JJR’s band out on tour with them.

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Very fair. I was debating not going, but then got guestlisted for working a different show and got there after they were done.

sonder likes this.
  22. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Love this band and the vocals really stick out to me, so many songs were similar yet I had them on repeat just the same, hard to imagine a different singer but I'd definitely still give it a spin.

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

Right before Dan left they did a show in Brooklyn at a super small venue with Pronoun as the direct support. I still regret skipping that.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Nice to hear Dan's voice again

pauljgreco likes this.
  25. BenSmith94

Trusted

I did NOT need a pop punk cover of The Beatles this morning, or ever really.