Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends Announce New Album; Stream “Colder Quicker” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoyed their EPs Everything That Dragged You Here and Three Songs About..., but I haven't been able to get into any of their subsequent releases, especially the full length.

This was an okay song, but still doesn't catch me in any way. Their hometown shows that I've been to have always been really fun.

2. noKings

Regular

I can dig this. May is going to be a stacked month. To say the least.

3. bristphili

i dunno. these guys fell off pretty hard for me after their EP's, which i thought were fantastic. The first full length couldn't hold my attention for more than one listen though, unfortunately. i hope this new record is a return to form, because i really WANT to like this band.

4. joshuaharris

This is a lot better than I thought it would be.

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Production is weird, lyrics are still pretty bad, and this guy's singing is unbearably out of tune.

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, and it seems strange as a closer too

7. xstatesandminds

Love the new song... reminds me a bit of The Starting Line...

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

Working with a producer for the first time and splitting up who writes the lyrics will do wonders for them.

9. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

Yeah I agree working with a bigger producer should really help the band iron out some of the details that made their debut listenable but rough in certain spots. I think this sounds like a step up from just this one song.

10. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i can live with this song. it's the first RF song i can live with. can definitely see it working as a closer.

if the next song they release manages to catch my attention again, i might have to give the whole thing a listen.