Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends Announce New Album; Stream “Colder Quicker”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2016)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Real Friends will release The Home Inside My Head on May 27th. You can stream the band’s new song “Colder Quicker” on YouTube or by hitting read more. Track listing is below, artwork is here.

Track Listing

1. Stay In One Place
    2. Empty Picture Frames
    3. Keep Lying To Me
    4. Scared To Be Alone
    5. Mokena
    6. Mess
    7. Isolating Everything
    8. Well, I’m Sorry
    9. Basement Stairs
    10. Door Without A Key
    11. Eastwick
    12. Colder Quicker

The post Real Friends Announce New Album; Stream “Colder Quicker” appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. CheapPop

Regular

This song isn't too bad. I'm not the hugest fan of these guys, but I saw them last weekend at an indoor batting cage in Philly and it was pretty damn fun, even got to meet the lead singer. Definitely one of the most interesting concert experiences I have had.

3. CMilliken

Trusted

Pretty excited for this. I'm one of the few in these forms that really enjoy this band. Preordered the vinyl just a few minutes ago.

4. Let's be real - this song is actually pretty solid. I mean, RF still have a long way to go before they do anything remotely innovative (this is a Suburbia b-side at best), and I'm irritated that the first single is the last song on the record, but I can't say I find anything offensively bad here.

5. A band that I really want to like cause they seem so cool but their music is eh

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I think this is a huge step up in all aspects from their previous work. I really like this.

7. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think they have the talent to be innovative (although pop-punk has a special definition of innovative that I don't understand anymore). It's a fine song, nothing special.

8. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Nothing revolutionary, but still a cut above. I think that's all anyone can expect from Real Friends.

(I didn't pay close attention to the lyrics, but they also strike me as marginally better this time around.)

9. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Tired eyes and bony knees 4 life.

(That's it, right?)

10. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Song was surprisingly decent. Overall though, think I lost all interest in them with the last album and don't think this is great.

11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

first song I've somewhat enjoyed from them since their first EP. it's not bad, but not great either.

12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

thought their last one fell off a ton in quality. song didn't do much for me. probably won't check this out.

13. CMilliken

Trusted

Sleepy eyes and bony knees. Close.

14. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Song was okay but nothing really stood out to me. Scratching my head wondering why the first song they put out is the last song on the record.

15. goosetoph

u wut m8?

Song is pretty solid. Their last record grew on me.

16. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

being the first single and the last track on the record, it was not that impressive. maybe it'll work better in the context of the album.

17. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That's it!

I haven't listened to Real Friends in a bit now.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess I'll listen to this, but I doubt I'll ever like this band unless their lyrics/vocals/melodies improve tremendously.

19. I'm a sucker for mediocre pop-punk. So I'll listen to this like I have with all their other releases.

leftovers419 likes this.
  20. christophsays

not a fan of their older stuff, but about halfway through this new song and it's so much better than their older stuff, in my personal opinion. but it might just be because I've turned off my lyric receptors as that was always my gripe with this band...

21. skoopy

Regular

Great song, vocals are so much less cringey and the chorus is sweet.

22. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Hated their first album but liked the EPs a lot, and I like this song too, hopefully this album pulls me back in

23. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

The fact that I was able to make it through MOST of the song is probably the highest praise I've ever given this band. I say most because, though the song isn't awful, it's pretty boring.

24. SayHello

Regular

I love to hate this band, but I've gotta say - this song is good. Improved lyricism, decent amount of experimentation for a pop punk band, and it's just catchy. Dude still can't sing, but looking past that it's a decent song. Mildly interested in what the rest of the album will sound like...

25. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

i feel like, for about 30-40% of the time he sings, it feels like he's crossed the line between sounding vulnerable and sounding too vulnerable. that said, i still enjoyed the song, will check out more.