Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ready Player One (Steven Spielberg, March 30, 2018) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by fyebes, May 24, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

ALSO, did i see an Overwatch character in the trailer?? i think her name is Tracer?

Vivatoto and Richter915 like this.
  2. Richter915 Dec 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2017)
    Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Yup she's right next to Chun-Li. There's also a Ryu walking about in one of the scenes. However he looks like Ryu from SF IV, not SFII.

Vivatoto likes this.
  3. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pumped for this. I think I'm gonna listen to the audio book to get hyped.

5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This movie just looks like a blast; not something to get too analytical about, but just to enjoy the ride instead

fenway89, Jason Tate and Richter915 like this.
  7. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Exactly I think the expectation we should have is cheesy fun 80s flick. That's how the book read anyway.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  8. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Davjs, Anthony_ and Richter915 like this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

So, uh, Cline said he's working on a sequel novel now. Don't know how I feel about that.

10. I thought this was known like a year or so ago? I saw a new round of these articles a few days ago and was confused, I thought this was well known he was going to write that sequel. I heard about it while I was reading the book.

11. Anthony_

Could be. I didn't know about it, for some reason, if it was previously announced. I think the news stories are coming out now because he mentioned it when he posted about the new trailer on Facebook or Twitter yesterday or today. Said working with Spielberg inspired him or something to that effect.

12. Ernie Cline Reportedly Writing Ready Player One Sequel

That's what I remember, from 2015.

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

No sequel, please. Clines book after RP1 was pretty terrible and it was RP1-adjacent as far as story and concept.

15. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Oh my god I forgot this existed. I used to watch this all the time. What the hell.

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

chewbacca110 and Aregala like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

chewbacca110 likes this.
  18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Goddamn. So looking forward to this. I adored the book and I am excited to see Spielberg unleashed in a blockbuster format again.

19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I don’t know if it’s an unpopular opinion but Spielberg’s contemporary political dramas >>> his contemporary blockbusters

20. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This is very true minus AI and Minority Report, which are both top 3.

21. Anthony_

I don't think that's too unpopular of an opinion. I don't think anyone can really argue that Lincoln, Bridge of Spies, and The Post are his best films of the last ten years, at least, if not longer.

Nathan likes this.
  22. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Tintin is underrated though.

fenway89 and Anthony_ like this.
  23. Anthony_

Yeah I liked Tintin a lot! It got a ton of undeserved hate back when it came out.

24. Anthony_

fenway89 and Jason Tate like this.
  25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

really enjoyed that little featurette. I'm excited for this film. I'm actually going to start from the beginning and rewatch all his films in order. regardless of people opinions of varying quality, I think it'll be fun to do it in order.

Colby Searcy likes this.